Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-01-03, 00:14)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-21, 16:49)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='steelman1991' pid='1272520' dateline=
As for Brave - no problems with playback - but might be worth checking your rip - it isn't a DD+ title AFAIA, but a TrueHD audio stream. I can't recall many DD+ since the death of HD DVD.

steelman1991 dateline=
As for Brave - no problems with playback - but might be worth checking your rip - it isn't a DD+ title AFAIA, but a TrueHD audio stream. I can't recall many DD+ since the death of HD DVD.
[/quote' Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks Steel - I ripped this twice, but it wouldn't be the first time that I had a problematic rip. I'll go back to the source and doublecheck it.

Steel - can I ask what your config is? I'm still having issues with Brave, and it seems to be the only movie I have this problem with. I did verify that it's a TrueHD 7.1 rip. I went back and re-ripped my disc again. I use DVDFab. I'm still getting stuttering and dropouts on playback. I use the latest LAV filters (as of about 2 weeks ago) and have DSPLayer configured and happily using LAV for everything.
deh2k7 - only difference is I used makemkv to rip the disc - LAV filters for everything. Brave seems to have been problematic with many suffering issues on rip - noticed it on quite a few sites. Is there a newer version of DVDFab that you might be able to use. Failing that I would try makemkv - its free.
(2013-01-02, 19:09)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody explain all the option under DSPlayer settings please?

I think they are rather self-explanatory. What option(s) are not clear for you?

(2013-01-02, 19:29)zodduska Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for continuing to release these builds Roman_V_M! I have the latest installed with SVP and its fantastic.

You should thank Eduard K. for continuing to work on the code. Compiling installers is not that much of an effort when you have the building environment all set up.
What is the merits thing?
Do i use EVR renderer or the other one? what is it for?
I installed LAV filters (audio and video)
and AV filter
How do i setup AV filter?

Once installed, how do i check if the lav filters work /are being used?
The same for AV filter?

Can i check if dxva2 is properly used?

I also did see that dsplayer cant play network streams, so it cant play youtube addon vids?
If so, why isnt the line added from te build (right from the start)
sorry for all these questions
(2013-01-03, 18:51)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]What is the merits thing?

http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=directshow+merits

Quote:Do i use EVR renderer or the other one? what is it for?

If it works, do not touch it.Smile As for EVR renderer itself, you can ask Google.

Quote:I installed LAV filters (audio and video)
and AV filter
How do i setup AV filter?[quote]

What is "AV filter"? If you mean AVSplitter, you do not need to setup it (unless you want to use some advanced options), provided you have selected all the necessary media formats during installation.

[quote]Once installed, how do i check if the lav filters work /are being used?
The same for AV filter?

For technical information press "O" during playback. It works both in dsplayer and dvdplayer, though the latter displays somewhat different information.

Quote:I also did see that dsplayer cant play network streams, so it cant play youtube addon vids?

Please read the topic. I have written many times that for network streams you need to use dvdplayer as a workaround. I include this workaround in the installers I post. Other dsplayer builds might not have this workaround.

Though I need to note that there has been some development regarding network streams. I need to do some experiments and hopefully the next build will be able to play network streams and probably pvr.

Quote:If so, why isnt the line added from te build (right from the start)

What line?

P.S. I would recommend to read the Wiki article about dsplayer, at least the general information. You can find the link in the 1-st message of the topic.
(2013-01-04, 13:00)Roman_V_M Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Skank' pid='1284736' dateline='1357231864']
What is the merits thing?

http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=directshow+merits

Quote:Do i use EVR renderer or the other one? what is it for?

If it works, do not touch it.Smile As for EVR renderer itself, you can ask Google.

Quote:I installed LAV filters (audio and video)
and AV filter
How do i setup AV filter?[quote]

What is "AV filter"? If you mean AVSplitter, you do not need to setup it (unless you want to use some advanced options), provided you have selected all the necessary media formats during installation.

[quote]Once installed, how do i check if the lav filters work /are being used?
The same for AV filter?

For technical information press "O" during playback. It works both in dsplayer and dvdplayer, though the latter displays somewhat different information.

Quote:I also did see that dsplayer cant play network streams, so it cant play youtube addon vids?

Please read the topic. I have written many times that for network streams you need to use dvdplayer as a workaround. I include this workaround in the installers I post. Other dsplayer builds might not have this workaround.

Though I need to note that there has been some development regarding network streams. I need to do some experiments and hopefully the next build will be able to play network streams and probably pvr.

Quote:If so, why isnt the line added from te build (right from the start)

What line?

P.S. I would recommend to read the Wiki article about dsplayer, at least the general information. You can find the link in the 1-st message of the topic.

[/quote]

I need to add in playercorefactory under rules this right:

Code:
<rule internetstream="true" player="dvdplayer"/>

Also isnt there a howto for avsplitter?
Ive read the wiki though about dsplayer
Has anyone had a problem with library?I try to switch between dsplayer and official version,It seem to be broken.Some of 3rd party script such as skin-widget,artwork-organizer can't works properly on dsplayer edition.But in player I have no problem.

"Though I need to note that there has been some development regarding network streams. I need to do some experiments and hopefully the next build will be able to play network streams and probably pvr."

thanks roman and thanks to eduard k! live tv with lav codec/dsplayer would be realy great!
I am using DSPlayer for the first time and I'm having an audio problem. I don't use the default audio renderer on my HTPC, so I went into the DSplayer settings and switched it to the appropriate DirectSound audio renderer. However, it still seems to be loading the default renderer and thus I'm getting audio through my PC Speakers, rather than my HTPC. The setting is showing up as correct in the menu, but it's clearly not outputting correctly. Does anyone know what the problem is?
which audio filters are u using?
(2013-01-04, 14:30)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]I need to add in playercorefactory under rules this right:

Code:
<rule internetstream="true" player="dvdplayer"/>

Yes, correct.

Quote:Also isnt there a howto for avsplitter?

What howto do you need? Generally, AVSplitter does not require additional tweaking provided you have installed it correctly. The only thing is that it is recommended to check "Register source filter" during installation.

(2013-01-04, 22:13)Ed76 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks roman and thanks to eduard k! live tv with lav codec/dsplayer would be realy great!

It seems that DSPlayer can open http-streams in full auto mode ("Use system filters..."), though I cannot set it up to open streams using XML configs. It seems that dsplayer does not recognize protocols= properties in its configs, only filetypes=.
No luck with PVR so far.

(2013-01-05, 11:25)tr0nllam Wrote: [ -> ]I am using DSPlayer for the first time and I'm having an audio problem. I don't use the default audio renderer on my HTPC, so I went into the DSplayer settings and switched it to the appropriate DirectSound audio renderer. However, it still seems to be loading the default renderer and thus I'm getting audio through my PC Speakers, rather than my HTPC. The setting is showing up as correct in the menu, but it's clearly not outputting correctly. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Yes, there is an issue with choosing an audio renderer different from the default system audio device. Try to select non-DirectSound renderer for you audio output.
(2013-01-04, 22:13)Ed76 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks roman and thanks to eduard k! live tv with lav codec/dsplayer would be realy great!

It seems that DSPlayer can open http-streams in full auto mode ("Use system filters..."), though I cannot set it up to open streams using XML configs. It seems that dsplayer does not recognize protocols= properties in its configs, only filetypes=.
No luck with PVR so far.

[quote]

i dont know if i understand this correctly? means it if you use a high merit for instance for lav filter and so lav codec is used as the standart system filter pvr + lav codec will work (in "full auto mode)?
(2013-01-05, 06:20)panni Wrote: [ -> ]Current bleeding edge: http://fragstore.net/panniweb/XBMCSetup-...3c3-dx.exe

Roman, is this the latest version (rc3) we need to use now?
Hello to everyboy. I try to do one thing with dsplayer since few weeks and i can't make it work so i need dome help !
I want to use FFDSHOW with DSPLAYER. But the problem is that FFDSHOW is not loading when XBMC is in "Fullscreen mode".
When XBMC is set to "Windows" in settings, FFDSHOW is loading and working, but not in fullscreen... Sad

I try Frodo, Eden, no way to make it work...
For information, all other videodec are working (Like LAV), but FFDSHOW never loads except in "Windows" mode set in xbmc...
Do you have an idea Huh?

Thanks !
(2013-01-04, 18:07)devilshura Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone had a problem with library?I try to switch between dsplayer and official version,It seem to be broken.Some of 3rd party script such as skin-widget,artwork-organizer can't works properly on dsplayer edition.But in player I have no problem.

Please read the Wiki article regarding the Video library.

(2013-01-05, 21:15)Ed76 Wrote: [ -> ]i dont know if i understand this correctly? means it if you use a high merit for instance for lav filter and so lav codec is used as the standart system filter pvr + lav codec will work (in "full auto mode)?

I think I specifically wrote: "No luck with PVR so far", so there's still no way to use dsplayer with PVR.
As for http, in "full auto mode" (WMP style) DSPlayer picks the system "File source (URL)" filter to open a http stream.

(2013-01-05, 22:37)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-05, 06:20)panni Wrote: [ -> ]Current bleeding edge: http://fragstore.net/panniweb/XBMCSetup-...3c3-dx.exe

Roman, is this the latest version (rc3) we need to use now?

I think you should ask the person who has posted the build. But the hash string for code version seems to be correct - this should be the latest build.