Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-01-23, 04:50)panni Wrote: [ -> ]Based on commit http://git.avmedia.su/git/?p=xbmc.git;a=...2a6f10a5ff:
http://fragstore.net/panniweb/XBMCSetup-...a54-dx.exe

Panni, the last two builds you've provided, introduced an annoying bug (at least on my system):

If I pause a video and try to navigate to menus using keyboard (i.e. making the skin's sounds to activate),
the navigation sounds loop indefinitely.

That wasn't the case with 20130104-45733c3-dx build, so I had to revert back to that...Undecided

(2013-01-22, 17:38)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-22, 16:11)Saxtus Wrote: [ -> ]You have the same unsync problem when you try to play non-bluray content too?

Its not with every movie.. No
But why does everything else play it well.. And dsplayer not?
By "everything else" you also mean the non DSplayer build of XBMC?
I am sorry, but currently I don't have any blu-ray content to try.
Hopefully someone else can help on that.
(2013-01-23, 01:10)steelman1991 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-22, 22:48)vicmanpergar Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that's right. DSplayer is not going to tell u the difference, for DsPlayer, they are just DTS files both. U can tell the difference reading the mediainfo, if u see there the kbps (kb per second), u will notice DTSHD has a lot larger amount. Also, u can trust the receiver.

P.s.: for example, common dts files have someting like 640kbps and dtsHD could have 1568, or 2984, or whatever (just makiing an example)

Found this in another forum.

"DTS-HD doesn't have a constant bitrate, and therefor nothing can really display it without scanning the whole file. Whats usually shown is the bitrate of the DTS core, which on DTS-HD is usually 1.5Mbps".

Just play your movie and trust your receiver.

(2013-01-23, 00:39)ArieS Wrote: [ -> ]Got it, thanks vic.
One more thing. In the audio setup. I'm supposed to have both Audio output and Audio Bitstreaming as Directsound ATI HDMI, right?

If your talking about the System\Settings\Audio screen in xbmc, it doesn't matter what they are set at as they have no effect on playback. All audio functions and playback are taken care of by the relevant DSPlayer filters.
Thanks both, that makes sense now.

(2013-01-23, 11:15)Saxtus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-23, 04:50)panni Wrote: [ -> ]Based on commit http://git.avmedia.su/git/?p=xbmc.git;a=...2a6f10a5ff:

Panni, the last two builds you've provided, introduced an annoying bug (at least on my system):

If I pause a video and try to navigate to menus using keyboard (i.e. making the skin's sounds to activate),

That wasn't the case with 20130104-45733c3-dx build, so I had to revert back to that...Undecided

(2013-01-22, 16:11)Saxtus Wrote: [ -> ]You have the same unsync problem when you try to play non-bluray content too?

Yes
(2013-01-22, 22:03)ArieS Wrote: [ -> ]Does this screenshot seem right to you guys?
The source is DTS-HD MA, it says so on my receiver but not in DSPlayer, also if I press i, the logo shows as DTS and not DTS-HD MA.

Screenshot

How come you see "lav video and lav audio decoder and i. Dont? You even see splitter. I dont
(2013-01-23, 14:49)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]How come you see "lav video and lav audio decoder and i. Dont? You even see splitter. I dont
You mean that you can't turn on codec info display on your XBMC?
http://bounceapp.com/85698

Also next time please reduce quotation text to be related only to what you're referring to.
Skank, if u don't see the splitter or lav video codec when pressing "o", i can think of 2 different things:
1) u're using DVDplayer not DsPlayer
2) u're using different filters.

Can't say without a screenshot
(2013-01-23, 17:17)vicmanpergar Wrote: [ -> ]Skank, if u don't see the splitter or lav video codec when pressing "o", i can think of 2 different things:
1) u're using DVDplayer not DsPlayer
2) u're using different filters.

Can't say without a screenshot

Im surely using dsplayer.
However pressing o i dont see em. Pressing menu and video settings. Scrolling down it does say lavfilters.

Ill make screens tomorrow.
(2013-01-23, 11:15)Saxtus Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for the report. I can't do much about that though, as I'm just compiling the newest tip version of http://git.avmedia.su/git/?p=xbmc.git;a=shortlog.
This may be a bug report to Eduard_K (maybe Roman_V_M reads it and forwards the info to him). I wasn't able to locate the commit when this happened though.
(2013-01-24, 01:41)panni Wrote: [ -> ]This may be a bug report to Eduard_K (maybe Roman_V_M reads it and forwards the info to him).

Well, let's hope he reads this, because I don't know what is the correct way to report it.
(2013-01-23, 15:57)Saxtus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-23, 14:49)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]How come you see "lav video and lav audio decoder and i. Dont? You even see splitter. I dont
You mean that you can't turn on codec info display on your XBMC?
http://bounceapp.com/85698

Also next time please reduce quotation text to be related only to what you're referring to.

I can turn it on, but its not showing lav there...
Im gonna take sscreens in couple of hours.
(2013-01-24, 07:02)Saxtus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-24, 01:41)panni Wrote: [ -> ]This may be a bug report to Eduard_K (maybe Roman_V_M reads it and forwards the info to him).

Well, let's hope he reads this, because I don't know what is the correct way to report it.

AFAIK this was not a bug of the dsplayer itself, but of AE and it should have been fixed in the latest commits to the core XBMC code.
Anyway, I cannot confirm the bug with the latest build - if dsplayer is paused and you navigate around GUI, there are no sounds, because, as I understand, dsplayer does not release your PC's sound output to AE while playing.
Before you ask, I used "always" setting for UI sounds.

PS. Until recently DSplayer did not show active DS filters using system filters ("WMP mode") when you pressed "O" key. Now it's fixed.
I am using latest dsplayer so it should so?
Here are my screens

And in video items

(2013-01-24, 09:56)Roman_V_M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-24, 07:02)Saxtus Wrote: [ -> ]

AFAIK this was not a bug of the dsplayer itself, but of AE and it should have been fixed in the latest commits to the core XBMC code.
Anyway, I cannot confirm the bug with the latest build - if dsplayer is paused and you navigate around GUI, there are no sounds, because, as I understand, dsplayer does not release your PC's sound output to AE while playing.
Before you ask, I used "always" setting for UI sounds.

PS. Until recently DSplayer did not show active DS filters using system filters ("WMP mode") when you pressed "O" key. Now it's fixed.
What about after being done playing a video? Each time I'm done playing a video and I return to browsing XBMC I have no audio anymore. Any clue what that could be?

(2013-01-24, 12:01)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]I am using latest dsplayer so it should so?
Here are my screens

And in video items

See the post immediately above yours.
(2013-01-24, 13:24)steelman1991 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-24, 12:01)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]I am using latest dsplayer so it should so?
Here are my screens

And in video items

See the post immediately above yours.

So i have to wait till next version?
T be fixed? He says, now its fixed, does that mean in latest version available or in new to come version?