Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
jubilex Wrote:Sorry; I was thinking I posted it on the last page but forgot that was a debug log for the build that wouldn't launch DSPLayer at all.

So here's the log for this build (the 55d719 one, which so far is the only one I can get to actually play anything). Windows 7. Trying to play a movie on my monitor, plugged into onboard Intel graphics, no hardware acceleration. DSPLayer configured to use ffdshow, ac3filter, and Haali. With DSPLayer, this setup gets my CPU maxed out and terrible playback performance. With XBMC configured to use MPC-HC as my external player, the same filters on the same system gets me perfect playback and less than 50% CPU.

http://pastebin.com/J3XRPsev

Edit: I should read post better, you didn't want to use DXVA.

I'm impressed that you can get lower than 50% CPU usage when software decoding 1080p on a E5300. Did not think that was possible.
Just want to say thanks for keeping dsplayer alive.

I'm having some real problems with the original nightlies but dsplayer works fine, with better looking pq and subs... i love it!
jubilex Wrote:Sorry; I was thinking I posted it on the last page but forgot that was a debug log for the build that wouldn't launch DSPLayer at all.

So here's the log for this build (the 55d719 one, which so far is the only one I can get to actually play anything). Windows 7. Trying to play a movie on my monitor, plugged into onboard Intel graphics, no hardware acceleration. DSPLayer configured to use ffdshow, ac3filter, and Haali. With DSPLayer, this setup gets my CPU maxed out and terrible playback performance. With XBMC configured to use MPC-HC as my external player, the same filters on the same system gets me perfect playback and less than 50% CPU.

http://pastebin.com/J3XRPsev

Jubilex,

Where are you getting the 55d719 version? I don't see it posted anywhere in the first post. I cannot get DSP player to work at all. I would like to try the one you got to work.

Mark
Mark, I'm having trouble finding the link right now, I'm sorry. I got it from >>X<<, I think he probably posted it in here as well as on my own thread that I can't find now.

0wing, any ideas? I can't use DXVA because when I watch on the tv, I am going through the Intel. When using the projector, I can, but I do not want to, because I have hundreds of movies going back years, all kinds of encodes, and there are always ones that get pixelated with DXVA. I've never had a problem with MPC running anything in software, either standalone or using Meedios or XBMC as a frontend, so I'm not sure why DSPlayer using the exact same filter/render chain would be any different.

Less than 50% cpu is on the movie I've been using to test with. It gets higher on other movies for sure, but even so, in the past couple years I have never had any choppiness in playback on any video, using ffdshow with the ffmpeg-mt codec.
Maybe possible clue? Using MPC-HC as my external player, performance is worse -- noticeable tearing at least -- unless I have XBMC set to "hide" in the params for the external player in playercorefactory.xml. And if I have XBMC set to true fullscreen, MPC performance is downright crappy. So I have to set XBMC to fullscreen window, and hidden mode to get perfect MPC playback.

Could this somehow be related to my problems getting poor playback with DSPLayer?
jubilex Wrote:Maybe possible clue? Using MPC-HC as my external player, performance is worse -- noticeable tearing at least -- unless I have XBMC set to "hide" in the params for the external player in playercorefactory.xml. And if I have XBMC set to true fullscreen, MPC performance is downright crappy. So I have to set XBMC to fullscreen window, and hidden mode to get perfect MPC playback.

Could this somehow be related to my problems getting poor playback with DSPLayer?

No, if you don't select hide your CPU is having to render the XBMC GUI as well and your already pushing your CPU it obviously cant handle software rendering and the GUI which is why it stops when you use hide this is not that case when using DSPlayer

You cant use true fullscreen and use an external player directx cant share true fullscreen with anything else and is why you have to use fullscreen window and is also why you had the problems with losing focus in fullscreen mode
I've got this working perfectly now. I just got tired of the pre Eden version that played HD Audio. It was very buggy and would give me minor playback glitches every so often. This is nearly perfect.

I do have a question. I was considering setting this up and using MPC HC to play my blu ray rips. It works, but when I click on the Play using........MPC HC, everything loses focus. XBMC doesn't hide and the only way to regain focus on MPC HC is to hit a button or the mouse. Any ideas? FWIW, this same setup worked perfectly in my normal Pre Eden nightly as well as on my testing box using this version of XBMC. Here's my playercore.xml file.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*DTSHDMA*." player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filename=".*TRUEHD*." player="MPC-HC" />
<rule filename=".*TrueHD*." player="MPC-HC" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Did u also configured MPC-HC to stay on top? U must do this in MPC-HC options, clicking Replay in Fullscreen, stay on top, and close when replay is finished, if i remember right.
vicmanpergar Wrote:Did u also configured MPC-HC to stay on top? U must do this in MPC-HC options, clicking Replay in Fullscreen, stay on top, and close when replay is finished, if i remember right.

I'm honestly not sure if I did, but I'll check it out now.

Oddly enough, it seems to happen if I use DSPlayer to watch a show and then use Play With.... MPC HC to watch the same show. It's really weird. The screen stays black like it's refreshing the display resolution and if I hit I it will bring up the DSplayer info screen with nothing on it. MPC HC is playing in the background. The only way to get to it is to un fullscreen XBMC and double click on MPC HC to fullscreen it. Then it works fine. When the show is over, MPC HC exits and XBMC is working fine.
Thanks 0wing!
0wing Wrote:New build: http://www.mediafire.com/?t3d85egpp7vxwl9

Cheers buddy.

K

thanks again for keeping it alive ......ill grab this for sure!!!

any changes in this build besides a merge to latest nightly that may help the people who can't get the dsplayer to successfully play anything?

I'll probably try this either way to see if it helps, just hoping there's something in this one that gets it working for me :|

Thanks,
azaze1 Wrote:any changes in this build besides a merge to latest nightly that may help the people who can't get the dsplayer to successfully play anything?

I'll probably try this either way to see if it helps, just hoping there's something in this one that gets it working for me :|

Thanks,

What kind of problems are you having? I'll tell you right now, if it's not working the problem is a combination of filtersconfig.xml, mediasconfig.xml and you not having the proper filters on your computer.

Here's the setup that's worked for me every time.

1. Install XBMC w/ dsplayer
2. Install the latest MPC 32 BIT. 32 BIT
3. Install latest Shark007 32 BIT codec package. 32 BIT ONLY!
4. Install latest LAV filters (0.39 I believe).
5. In mediasconfig.xml, change associations for mkv, ts, avi, etc to:

Source="lavfsplitter"
Splitter="lavf_splitter"
Video codec="lavvideodec"
Audio codec="ffdaudiodec" or "lavaudiodec"

Either audio codec seems to work fine. On my particular setup, lavaudiodec has trouble with TrueHD where ffd plays it perfectly.

If you need to bitstream HD audio, go into the settings of your audio decoder and check all the passthrough formats that your AVR supports. If you don't, it should work perfect as is.