Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
lol those PGS options don't work for me anyway when enabled I don't get any subs at all Laugh

There's advanced options you can add in LAV's subtitle language which I guess could be used to select forced subs if they exist if not select your default language, at least then all you need to do is enable them I guess that's about as convenient as your get with DSPlayer

I personally just have enable subs on a remote button
Hey,

Is anyone else finding that the latest dsplayer build is not retaining osd setting changes after a reboot?

Not sure if this has been the case with past builds?

Cheers

[EDIT:] Ok, previous build is the same.
@0wing... do you think this may be a bug from the merge, or a dsplayer bug in general? Maybe something tiben could quickly fix, like he did for the dvdplayer fix? Thanks!
Gents,

I pretty new to the XBMC DSPlayer. I finally came here as I wanted to have HD Audio which is not implemented in the "normal" XBMC yet. The initial setup of DSPlayer last weekend worked. I have HD audio w ffdshow filters.

So far so good, but can somebody please explain to me the actual advantages that LAV filters and Reclock apparently give to DSPlayer? Or are these not essentially needed and more or less cherries on the cake?

Thanks!
liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey,

Is anyone else finding that the latest dsplayer build is not retaining osd setting changes after a reboot?

Not sure if this has been the case with past builds?

Cheers

[EDIT:] Ok, previous build is the same.
@0wing... do you think this may be a bug from the merge, or a dsplayer bug in general? Maybe something tiben could quickly fix, like he did for the dvdplayer fix? Thanks!

It was only the scaling method that wasn't saving, right?
That's fixed now Smile.

New build: http://www.mediafire.com/?oau39sqiesbbdu0

Everything else seems to be working for me.
0wing Wrote:It was only the scaling method that wasn't saving, right?
That's fixed now Smile.

Hey 0wing,

Great, thanks. There was also the pixel ratio. I'll test later. Hopefully one has fixed the other.

Cheers again.
AW, so fast so nice
Thanks
0wing Wrote:It was only the scaling method that wasn't saving, right?
That's fixed now Smile.

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey 0wing,

Great, thanks. There was also the pixel ratio. I'll test later. Hopefully one has fixed the other.

Cheers again.

The pixel ratio setting is now saving as well.

Thanks 0wing! Wink
Hey Jubilex,

Any chance you could email me the build you finally got to work since you can't find the link? Thanks

Mark
acemt Wrote:Hey Jubilex,

Any chance you could email me the build you finally got to work since you can't find the link? Thanks

Mark

This latest build actually gets picture for me with one of the renderers (settings>video>dsplayer). Can't remember which one (VMR9 or EVR). With the "working" renderer, it's a slideshow, with the other one it's just black screen, though the OSD and counter work.

Don't have the older build anymore, sorry. I keep checking this thread in the hopes something magic will happen that will let DSplayer get the same performance I get from MPC, but I'm not holding my breath.
@jubilex: scenarios that can lead to black screen instead of video:
-brightness or contrast with values others than default (sometimes modifying these values in OSD settings result for me in a black screen instead of video)
-vertical blank sync (try always disabled, any other scenario gave me xbmc freezes when playing with dsplayer)
jubilex Wrote:This latest build actually gets picture for me with one of the renderers (settings>video>dsplayer). Can't remember which one (VMR9 or EVR). With the "working" renderer, it's a slideshow, with the other one it's just black screen, though the OSD and counter work.

Don't have the older build anymore, sorry. I keep checking this thread in the hopes something magic will happen that will let DSplayer get the same performance I get from MPC, but I'm not holding my breath.

Hey jubilex,

Can you post a fresh full debug log from the latest build. Let's see if we can't figure this one out!

I know dsplayer wasn't finished, however it was mostly there in terms of playback. You shouldn't be having problems like this!

Post the debug log on pastebin and lets go from there. I'm sure i'll have more questions later!

Cheers Wink
Interesting, thanks. I'll give that a try though I suspect the actual performance will still be far from acceptable.
clubwerks Wrote:What kind of problems are you having? I'll tell you right now, if it's not working the problem is a combination of filtersconfig.xml, mediasconfig.xml and you not having the proper filters on your computer.

Here's the setup that's worked for me every time.

1. Install XBMC w/ dsplayer
2. Install the latest MPC 32 BIT. 32 BIT
3. Install latest Shark007 32 BIT codec package. 32 BIT ONLY!
4. Install latest LAV filters (0.39 I believe).
5. In mediasconfig.xml, change associations for mkv, ts, avi, etc to:

Source="lavfsplitter"
Splitter="lavf_splitter"
Video codec="lavvideodec"
Audio codec="ffdaudiodec" or "lavaudiodec"

Either audio codec seems to work fine. On my particular setup, lavaudiodec has trouble with TrueHD where ffd plays it perfectly.

If you need to bitstream HD audio, go into the settings of your audio decoder and check all the passthrough formats that your AVR supports. If you don't, it should work perfect as is.

Clubwerks,

So you are using Shark INSTEAD of FFDshow? Yes?

Trying to get this to work as well. I am also unable to get anything to start playing when I hit the start button, just sits there.

Mark
acemt Wrote:Clubwerks,

So you are using Shark INSTEAD of FFDshow? Yes?

Trying to get this to work as well. I am also unable to get anything to start playing when I hit the start button, just sits there.

Mark

I just use Shark because that's how I did it originally. I'm sure I could have just downloaded ffdshow by itself. Shark is just an installer package for all the best filters.
OK,

Finally with the latest build it is working. DTS MA is finally a reality for me. Thanks men.

On a side note, it seems the video is a little softer than before. I haven't tweeked anything yet for video, just excited to get HD Audio and everything (well almost, one David Gilmour .mkv not working). Can someone give me a little help as to which settings under FFDshow are going to give me the biggest improvement in picture quality so I can start messing around with them.

Mark