Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ac3filter is my audio decoder.

DSplayer set to "nearest neighbor" for scaling. Not sure what MPC is set to, the only place I see resize options it's only for VMR and EVR Custom Preset, so it's all greyed out. Resize checkbox in ffdshow is unchecked. However I should point out that when using the projector, I'm watching 1080p video on 1080p display, so I assume no scaling is being used?

Aero is disabled, and I only use Windows Classic theme anyway.

I am using "use fullscreen window" because I got tired of having people over to watch a movie and then my firewall or antivirus or windows update or utorrent or something would give a message and suddenly we're all staring at my desktop while the audio keeps going.

I've tried using the DSPlayer default filters also, i.e. MPC video filter and ffdshow for audio.

Mediasconfig:
Code:
<mediasconfig>
<rules>

<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="haali" />
      <splitter filter="haali" />
      <video filter="ffdvideodec" />
      <!-- You can do like that to specifie a DXVA only filters.
      If you want to use the same filter for DXVA and non DXVA media, just add
      a single <video> line.
      <video>
        <video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
        <video filter="mpcvideodec" />
      </video> -->
      <audio filter="ac3filter" />
      <!--<extra>
        <extra filter="ac3filter" />
        <extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
      </extra>-->

</rule>

</rules>
</mediasconfig>

I tried X's suggestion and set my graphic card to force vsync and turned it off in XBMC. Also used "disable desktop composition" switch. Now the tearing is gone, at least. CPU is still 5-10% higher on the same scene than with MPC, and even though DSPlayer's still not getting above 70%, it's still dropping frames as badly as before.
jubilex Wrote:ac3filter is my audio decoder.

DSplayer set to "nearest neighbor" for scaling. Not sure what MPC is set to, the only place I see resize options it's only for VMR and EVR Custom Preset, so it's all greyed out. Resize checkbox in ffdshow is unchecked. However I should point out that when using the projector, I'm watching 1080p video on 1080p display, so I assume no scaling is being used?

I am using "use fullscreen window" because I got tired of having people over to watch a movie and then my firewall or antivirus or windows update or utorrent or something would give a message and suddenly we're all staring at my desktop while the audio keeps going.

I've tried using the DSPlayer default filters also, i.e. MPC video filter and ffdshow for audio.

Mediasconfig:
Code:
<mediasconfig>
<rules>

<rule filetypes="mkv">
      a single <video> line.
      <video>
      </video> -->
      <!--<extra>
      </extra>-->

</rule>

</rules>
</mediasconfig>

I tried X's suggestion and set my graphic card to force vsync and turned it off in XBMC. Also used "disable desktop composition" switch. Now the tearing is gone, at least. CPU is still 5-10% higher on the same scene than with MPC, and even though DSPlayer's still not getting above 70%, it's still dropping frames as badly as before.

Aero must be on for windows 7/Vista to properly VSYNC
jubilex Wrote:ac3filter is my audio decoder.

Mediasconfig:
Code:
<mediasconfig>
<rules>

<rule filetypes="mkv">
      a single <video> line.
      <video>
      </video> -->
      <!--<extra>
      </extra>-->

</rule>

</rules>
</mediasconfig>

5-10% might just be the xbmc overhead.

K
When I say 5-10% higher than with MPC, I mean MPC launched as the external player with XBMC.

In any case, the CPU usage is not high enough to explain the dropped frames.

At this point I might just upgrade my PC and hope that fixes the problem. Although since it's not near maxing out the CPU as it is, I guess there's no good reason to think powering up my system would help anything.
azaze1 Wrote:Aero must be on for windows 7/Vista to properly VSYNC

Do you mean Aero in Win7 itself, or as far as the XBMC shortcut or XBMC setting goes?
You can keep aero on and use the renderersettings.xml file and set DisableDesktopComposition = true to "turn off" aero when a file is playing. Works great for me.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...r_settings
jubilex Wrote:CPU is still 5-10% higher on the same scene than with MPC, and even though DSPlayer's still not getting above 70%, it's still dropping frames as badly as before.

Ok, so the only remaining problem is dropped frames. Your CPU usage isn't high enough to cause that.

I'm wondering if it's just a dsplayer performance issue with the GPU's your using. If dsplayer was being developed still, perhaps it may be fixable, however that's not an option now!

You said you have two GPU's being used. Are both seeing dropped frames?

Cheers
Yes, both the Nvidia card and the onboard Intel see dropped frames with DSplayer and not with MPC-HC, both using haali/ac3filter/ffdshow (ffmpeg-mt)/evr.
ErlendSB Wrote:You can keep aero on and use the renderersettings.xml file and set DisableDesktopComposition = true to "turn off" aero when a file is playing. Works great for me.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...r_settings

Turning Aero off in this way wouldn't cause the problems with vsync mentioned?
jubilex Wrote:When I say 5-10% higher than with MPC, I mean MPC launched as the external player with XBMC.

In any case, the CPU usage is not high enough to explain the dropped frames.

At this point I might just upgrade my PC and hope that fixes the problem. Although since it's not near maxing out the CPU as it is, I guess there's no good reason to think powering up my system would help anything.

Just because your CPU isn't high doesn't mean you have enough power to play the movie in DSPlayer, what's your fps doing is it accurate or is below what it should be if its running slower than the true fps then its probably your CPU

I mentioned using something with CUDA before because it might be possible to use CUDA when using either card to output video because as far as I'm aware CUDA isn't like DXVA its not just for video CUDA can be used by any application its a bit like using your GPU as an extra processor

In other words even if your not using your nvidia GPU for video it can still use CUDA on the nvidia GPU to do most of the processing

But your the only one who can find this out because to be honest I don't really know and I guess it will depend how LAV or CoreAVC are coded
Ugh... I installed this hoping to get HD audio support after 4 days of constant fiddling, to no avail. I right click, select DSPlayer, and nothing happens.

a) Is it possible to use this build to play BD ISOs (non-DRM)?
b) Will it pass through HD audio bitstreams?
c) Is there some simple guide for what to set up to get this to work (since the installation doesn't seem to do that, at least not for me)?

I'm hesitant to spend another couple of days on this, only to find out it doesn't play ISOs, or has hiccups in DTS-HD, or doesn't play TrueHD, or something else. I took a look at the wiki in the original post, but it's just got a lot of description of how things can be set up, not what actually works to get HD audio playback.

I have the ZBox nano AD10, which is an AMD box with a ATI 6300 inside.

I was so excited to get to using XBMC again, but that has turned to frustration over the last few days as nothing has worked as expected. I've been through multiple Ubuntu builds and Windows 7 builds, and I'm about ready to give up on XBMC as I just saw that HD audio won't even be in the Eden official release.

If anyone would be kind enough to help, I'd be really thankful...
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/06/...-dsplayer/

Dsplayer won't play back .iso's so you'l have to convert to .mkv, mpeg etc...
Mallet21 Wrote:http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/06/...-dsplayer/

Thank you! I'll give it a shot later tonight or in the morning when everyone is asleep and will post back.

Can I rip 1:1 M2TS files? I guess I lose chapters, but if I gain flawless HD audio playback, in XBMC, it's worth it!

Edit: Any idea if there's an Ubuntu/Linux version?
Try MakeMKV - won't lose chapters - 1:1 ripping and flawless HD Audio playback afterwards.
Mallet21 Wrote:http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/06/...-dsplayer/

Okay, using MakeMKV to convert a few BD ISOs to MKV to test this out. Will be ready in a hour or so.

In the meantime, I'm stumped out of the gate.

Edit: XBMC was smart enough to default to DVDPlayer for ISOs.

However, for my 1080i MPEG2 files (from TiVo originally), DSPlayer does nothing. Same thing with DVD mpeg2 files. Both play perfectly with DVDPlayer.

Also, for my TWiT live stream, it looks awful compared to DVDPlayer. Lots of tearing, and it crashes out after just a few seconds.

Edit 2: MKVs don't work either. It acts like its starting, but just sits at 00:00:00 and in the background on the XBMC menu.

Any ideas? DVDPlayer works great except for no HDaudio. Is there some other test I can run to see if ffdshow is working?