Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
deh2k7 Wrote:There are quite a number of BluRays like this - it's called seamless branching. Some more recent examples are Fast Five, Hanna, all of the Star Wars recently released on BR, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, Harry Potter 7 part 1 (but curiously not part 2).
That is right, hence my post. I happen to own BD movies with multiple m2ts files that you mentioned (Fast Five, Hanna, Harry Potter, etc). I can easily find it out with BDinfo. Smile
bluray Wrote:Please don't do this!

There are bluray movies with multiple m2ts files for just the main movie. The easiest way to find out how many m2ts files are in the main movie is by using BDInfo. BDInfo will sort all the m2ts files into MPLS file. The MPLS file with the longest lenght usually is the compiled of main movie m2ts files. When you click on MPLS file, it'll show you how many m2ts file in it. If bluray movie with a single m2ts file, it will show a single m2ts file in MPLS.

OK - So how do I make dsplayer play them? What should my mediasconfig.xml and filter file declare in order to play these? Should I delete the index.bdrm file? I would like to use lavsplitter or ffdshow since I know both work when using mpc-hc.
Nubianxbmc Wrote:OK - So how do I make dsplayer play them? What should my mediasconfig.xml and filter file declare in order to play these? Should I delete the index.bdrm file? I would like to use lavsplitter or ffdshow since I know both work when using mpc-hc.

Just MakeMKV them into a single MKV. Much easier.
Nubianxbmc Wrote:OK - So how do I make dsplayer play them? What should my mediasconfig.xml and filter file declare in order to play these? Should I delete the index.bdrm file? I would like to use lavsplitter or ffdshow since I know both work when using mpc-hc.
Sorry, I never use DSPlayer. I use the July version of Pre-Eden in my signature to playback BD ISO and Index.BDMV. Since I preferred all the original contents on BD, I preferred BD ISO more than anything else. Some DSPlayer guys in here might be able to help you on DSPlayer though! Smile
Hey guys,

Is anyone using these builds successfully on WinXP? and if so is the rendering free of tearing and smooth?

Thanks
The REAL Joe

Nubian -

I use LAV filters with DSPlayer and I have DVD Video_TS folders, MPEGS, BR main movie files (single MT2S) and BRD folders as well. All play fine with my config in DSPlayer.

here is a sample of the relevant mediaconfig.xml for BRD folders, MT2S, and MPEG:
Code:
<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts|bdmv">
      <source filter="lavsource" />
      <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
      <video filter="lavvideo" />
      <audio filter="lavaudio" />
    </rule>

There's a post earlier in this thread that has all the filters config for the LAV filters. I directly cut and posted what was posted and it worked great for me.
Does anyone have DSPlayer playing DVD SD content (480i/p)? I've got MPEGs and VOBs that DSPlayer won't play.

Same thing with 1080i HD content (OTA ATSC and Cable 1080i/720p MPEGs).

It works perfectly for 1080p MKVs with HD audio.

Any ideas?
AbMagFab Wrote:Does anyone have DSPlayer playing DVD SD content (480i/p)? I've got MPEGs and VOBs that DSPlayer won't play.

Same thing with 1080i HD content (OTA ATSC and Cable 1080i/720p MPEGs).

It works perfectly for 1080p MKVs with HD audio.

Any ideas?

I'm not having any problems with my DVD's ripped directly to MPEG using VOB2MEG. I also have BRD's playing fine - both folder structure and main movie MT2S file.
deh2k7 Wrote:Nubian -

I use LAV filters with DSPlayer and I have DVD Video_TS folders, MPEGS, BR main movie files (single MT2S) and BRD folders as well. All play fine with my config in DSPlayer.

here is a sample of the relevant mediaconfig.xml for BRD folders, MT2S, and MPEG:
Code:
<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts|bdmv">
      <source filter="lavsource" />
      <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
      <video filter="lavvideo" />
      <audio filter="lavaudio" />
    </rule>

There's a post earlier in this thread that has all the filters config for the LAV filters. I directly cut and posted what was posted and it worked great for me.

That's my exact setup too, both with DSPlayer (which I use upstairs because I have a less than stellar DLP) and MPC HC (which I use downstairs). I was finally able to get every format to play smoothly and with glitches, even the dreaded 1080i trollhd .ts files.
deh2k7 Wrote:I'm not having any problems with my DVD's ripped directly to MPEG using VOB2MEG. I also have BRD's playing fine - both folder structure and main movie MT2S file.

Did you tweak any of the config/XML files in dsplayer? When I click one, it does nothing on dsplayer, but plays okay with DVDplayer.
AbMagFab Wrote:Did you tweak any of the config/XML files in dsplayer? When I click one, it does nothing on dsplayer, but plays okay with DVDplayer.

This usually means there's a problem with the DSPlayer config files (mediasconfig.xml).

If the selected filters for a specific filetype won't play nice, XMBC won't play the file. If you enable debug in XBMC settings, you can check the log for the exact error message (look this up in the wiki).
AbMagFab Wrote:Did you tweak any of the config/XML files in dsplayer? When I click one, it does nothing on dsplayer, but plays okay with DVDplayer.

I don't believe so - TBH, I know very little about tweaking DSPlayer, and that will be my next undertaking.

All I did to get things playing was the following:
  • install realtek codecs
  • install LAV filters
  • install latest XBMC/DSPlayer binary
  • edit filters xml to add LAV (used earlier post to get the XML config)
  • edit medias XML to have DSPlayer use LAV (I posted my config)
  • edit advanced settings xml to have DSPlayer as the default. (used first post links)
deh2k7 Wrote:I don't believe so - TBH, I know very little about tweaking DSPlayer, and that will be my next undertaking.

All I did to get things playing was the following:
  • install realtek codecs
  • install LAV filters
  • install latest XBMC/DSPlayer binary
  • edit filters xml to add LAV (used earlier post to get the XML config)
  • edit medias XML to have DSPlayer use LAV (I posted my config)
  • edit advanced settings xml to have DSPlayer as the default. (used first post links)

Okay, so the only things I didn't do were the realtek step and the LAV steps. I assume the CCC is all I need (and since I'm getting HD audio now).

Can you point me to the LAV info? It's not in the original posts I don't think?

Thanks!
Avoid the Realtek codecs like the plague, they add nothing to video card set-up (despite others claims) are poorly written, and provide nothing but issues when trying to get HD Audio in particular.

Stick to the propietary drivers and there shouldn't be any real problems.

Search is your friend - but here you go wasn't really that difficult to find

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=8...post892595

They aren't included - I don't think - in the initial download and have to be added to the filtersconfig. If you've got problems, paste a copy of your filtersconfig and mediasconfig here and we'll saee where the problems lie.

EDIT - apologies LAV filters are included in the latest download. Should purely be a matter of amending the mediasconfig to suit.
DSPlayer plays 3840x1080 Fullsbs files? Because statistics show that DXVA is not running...It is normal?

Thanks and regards!