Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Roman_V_M Wrote:Yes, tell me about that.Smile I've tried DSPlayer on various files and find that it is rather picky: it cannot simply build a DS filter graph for certain file types without any obvious reason. The same files are played OK in other DS-based players. Perfect example is bluray folders which are played OK from media library (via LAV splitter) but aren't played from file view.

Obviously it is still needs lots and lots of polishing.

Interesting to note; Roman_V_M is using an Athlon APU and even the same motherboard that I am which again makes me wonder if the troubles I was having was an architecture specific issue.
Hi can anyone tell when the DSPlayer Eden RC will be released?
0wing Wrote:New build available: http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org

Nice. Thank you sir.
So is this new one an Eden release?
Thank u so much 0WING
Hi there,
I am not exactly sure whether this is the right place for my post. I am using lav filters to bitstream audio to my Pioneer LX-85 (SC-55 in the US) receiver, which is working fine. I convert my Blu-Rays to mkvs (lossless) using Makemkv. Now I encountered a Blu-Ray with 5.1 lpcm audio (Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon) and when I play it I only get stereo sound. Any help would be really appreciated.

Best,
Jonas
Try using a different audio filter in your Mediaconfig file and see if you still get the same problem but before this I would check out the file in MPC first to make sure everthings ok
0wing - thank you so much for picking this project back up. I switched to dsplayer because it was the only way that I could fix my 24p audio sync issues and I've never really looked back.

So here is my problem. I'm running the latest build with the lav decoders in order to make 10 bit playback work (like a charm) using the mediaconfig fileconfig advancedsettings etc files made available by one of the tutorials here, but I'm starting to notice a problem that I've always had with sd content (both in avi and mkv) and that is that Sd colors are way over saturated with a sort of pinkish purplish hue. HD video looks fantastic with all of the colors properly represented (as they are on the xbmc menus) but the SD content just looks off.

From what I gather this is a color space issue (601 vs 703 or somesuch - i know just enough to get myself into trouble) which xbmc is supposed to adjust for depending on the content. Something seems to going wrong though and the SD content isn't using the right profile.

I had hoped I could pinpoint the problem further by playing with the settings on the Lav video control panel - I noticed the option for 16-235 vs 0-255 but ticking each of those boxes did nothing (and I'm getting the impression that these may not have anything to do with the 601...etc profiles I mentioned earlier)

Incidently, when I play SD video with DVDplayer I've got the same color problems.

I seem to remember that when I used ffshow for splitting duties that there were more options filter wise but that always felt a bit Mickey mouse and at any rate I'm using the lav decoders now.

I'm running the 3/7 build on windows 7/64 i3 with ati 4350 no video acceleration.

So here are my questions
1) is this a known/common problem? If so is there an easy fix?
2) is there a config file that I can set up so that the HD video plays as is and the SD video plays correctly? If so, how do I do this.
3) would this question be better asked in the general windows support forum?
4) I've also heard that I can use filters to better upscale my SD video but I don't know how to make that work any hints? I think I've got the horsepower to upscale nicely, yes?

Any help any of you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone hear from Tiben in the past 2 months? His last post to the forum was Jan 19th and he's been sadly missed since then...

Cheers
The REAL Joe
Isn't he part of the Dev team? He's probably helping to finalize Eden.
Anybody using the watchlist script and getting the behaviour I described here?

I only get the addition of Season and Episode to EpisodeTitle when using latest DSplayer build. If I install Eden RC2 then I don't see this problem.
So i used alexrose1uk's config files, everything plays fine, but I can't fast forward at all.

What am i doing wrong now?
If you mean the seek function then that's normal. The normal fast forward function should work though.

And yeah, it's been a while we last heard from Tiben.
(2012-03-10, 19:35)sloth Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
I am not exactly sure whether this is the right place for my post. I am using lav filters to bitstream audio to my Pioneer LX-85 (SC-55 in the US) receiver, which is working fine. I convert my Blu-Rays to mkvs (lossless) using Makemkv. Now I encountered a Blu-Ray with 5.1 lpcm audio (Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon) and when I play it I only get stereo sound. Any help would be really appreciated.

Best,
Jonas

I had the same problem. Right click on the speaker icon in the system tray and go to playback devices. Right click on your audio hardware and select configure speakers, then select 5.1 or 7.1 depending on your setup. Windows defaults certain devices to 2 channnel.