Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this thread is pretty much dead. Since the big guy left, it has really been quiet. If you are having problems, I suggest trying an earlier build. Other than that, you may have to forgo a little quality in video on just use one of the builds in the HD aUdio thread that uses DVDplayer.

Mark
anyone here ever tried to play the 1080i MPEG2 ts files from for example Game of thrones?
They do not stutter or anything but the image flickers the whole time
i'm using LAV filters with the guide from this thread
Does anyone else have any issues with queued items or playlists when they have DSPlayer set as their default player? I have to manually select the next item on my playlist if I have DSPlayer as default. Whereas it skips automatically to the next item if I have DVDPlayer set as default.
Hey guys - some a$$ gave me -10 rep points because I made a critical comment about DVDPlayer's lack of picture quality and support for video filters like ffdshow etc, and apparently I hurt his feelings, he didn't like that and couldn't suck it up. I don't in any way believe I was trolling or looking for negative rep.

I haven't been very active here due to a busy life recently, but I would very much appreciate it if those of you who remember my extensive past (positive) contributions to the original dsplayer thread would help me out with some positive rep if you don't mind to correct this and at least get back to 0.

Many thanks
The REAL Joe
Hi,

I was just wondering - is DSPlayer still being developed (new version, bug fixes, etc...) or is it a dead product?

I sure hope it's the former.

Thanks Smile
Given the lack of activity I would suggest its dead in the water
As i remember, 0wing promised to keep DSplayer updated, but for now I'm pretty satisfied with my dsplayer Eden, and I see no major improvements on nightlies... so, I just say let's wait a while.
Actually, I have only 2 problems:

1) no subtitle positioning.
2) when I run xbmc and play something, then press "x" to abort, then start playing again - the movie plays at 3x the speed (it's in the known issues in the first post)
I don't know what's causing it or how to prevent it ;/
(2012-05-11, 21:40)sergiocos Wrote: [ -> ]As i remember, 0wing promised to keep DSplayer updated, but for now I'm pretty satisfied with my dsplayer Eden, and I see no major improvements on nightlies... so, I just say let's wait a while.

Without any active development of DSPlayer my motivation to keep it updated dropped.
(2012-05-12, 10:17)0wing Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-11, 21:40)sergiocos Wrote: [ -> ]As i remember, 0wing promised to keep DSplayer updated, but for now I'm pretty satisfied with my dsplayer Eden, and I see no major improvements on nightlies... so, I just say let's wait a while.

Without any active development of DSPlayer my motivation to keep it updated dropped.
Eek
Sad news...
Is it at least open-source so someone else can continue working on it?

Seriously, xbmc will be useless to me w/o directshow support ;(
Indeed, DSPlayer was excellent.

An external player solution isn't much of a solution in my opinion, you forfeit the main point of having everything integrated and you miss out of some great features.

Really hoping it will be picked up again or that it will at some point be possible to use external filters by default.

Thanks for the great work so far however Smile
(2012-05-11, 19:49)steelman1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Given the lack of activity I would suggest its dead in the water

Well... the good news is that Tiben is still around, his profile says he last visited the forum [2012-05-07 13:56], so about a week ago, and he's been active on the Video Devil Plugin thread. I'm going to PM him and see if there's any interest in continuing or if he's had enough. I'll let you guys know.

BTW, thanks to those who contributed positively to my Rep. I'm only -3 points now, so hopefully getting back to trustworthy status :-)

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Looks like that may be fairly pointless:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61355
DSPlayer curious behavior
I installed DSPlayer with LAV filters as described in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid975895
It does not matter what type of material (SD, HD, container, etc.) I will throw in it will start playing choppy. As soon as I start the Task Manager to check the CPU load the playback will smooth and will stay this way till the next XBMC activation. I suspect that this may be somehow connected to the hardware acceleration (Intel) I use with LAV filters, although MPC-HC with the same LAV filters at same setup will play perfectly well.
Any ideas?