Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
0wing Wrote:The videoresolution="720|1080" attribute doesn't seem to be working for some reason.

Strange it works for me in 553d719 not tried it on these builds are you in file mode as I don't believe it will work in file mode as it needs the resolution in the db
>>X<<' Wrote:Strange it works for me in 553d719 not tried it on these builds are you in file mode as I don't believe it will work in file mode as it needs the resolution in the db

Ahaaa, I didn't know that it needed the db. But it makes sense.
I'm guessing that would apply to any rule based on its stream details Smile
It makes even more sense if I read the wiki correctly Big Grin.
Backup link to the XBMCSetup-20110902-64dbb08-dx_(Pre-Eden DSPlayer).exe
http://depositfiles.com/files/srio6p4z5

Quote:DVDPlayer with DXVA2 is now working thanks to tiben20!
LordMerlin Wrote:Backup link to the XBMCSetup-20110902-64dbb08-dx_(Pre-Eden DSPlayer).exe
http://depositfiles.com/files/srio6p4z5

There's already a depositfiles link on multiupload, this is not needed.
Oh sorry...
>>X<<' Wrote:I'm guessing that would apply to any rule based on its stream details Smile

BTW Ive been using a dharma dsplayer build that liquid made afew months ago and its been working fine. The only bug I have, that others have reported, is that if you apply a rule like "<shader id="18" videoresolution="480" />" it ends up applying that rule to 720 material after you play afew files. Does this pre-eden release resolve that issue?

thanks

BTW to replicate just play a 720p mediafile, then play a 480p mediafile and then play a 720p mediafile again and that shader will be applied to it.
Another little question.
Is the frame rate adjusted even if we use Dsplayer ?
Yes
waou, Dsplayer is just perfect Smile
Now it's time to configure ffdshow and find good presets ans tweaks.
Not an esy task
mika91 Wrote:waou, Dsplayer is just perfect Smile
Now it's time to configure ffdshow and find good presets ans tweaks.
Not an esy task

Yep - it is. I use the latest build as my main HTPC, and using ffdshow to upscale everything to 1080p is just awesome, mixed with shaders 18 & 21 and reclock..sheer PQ joy.

K
Do you have any links for shaders 18/21 settings ?
And why using reclock, if xbmc "adjust refresh rate" is ok ?
DSPlayer doesn't use XBMC's internal filters and video settings.

XBMC's adjust framerate option would only work if you used the included DVDPlayer rather than DSPlayer IIRC.

I really do love DSPlayer, I wish it was still in development, as it was so close to 'done'. There's a few bits that could do with some further refinement as some of my files (and I reckon its the subs that do it) cause a player crash, but overall I get a much better experience with it than DVDPlayer right now; which I only keep as a backup for those files that don't like DSPlayer as its annoying to have to reset the PC Smile

I've not tested this latest build yet, but providing I don't notice any issues with network control, I'll likely be upgrading once I finish upgrading my HTPC later this week Smile
double post, sorry