Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What ubuntu packages required to build XBMC with external ffmpeg?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
i have several issues with XBMC (see below) and that's why I would like to try to use an external ffmpeg version to get a clue if the decoder could be the problem. I use Ubuntu 11.04 and have installed all of the packaged listed below but configure still says that ffmpeg is missing for external linking.

Problems with XBMC
- During the playback the sound interrupts for 1-2 seconds in many videos where other players (VLC, MediaPortal) work without problems. These interrupts are not reproducible (sound does not interrupt at the same position in the video every time). Problem exist for Windows and Linux version.
- Sometimes the video gets messed up as if it missed a key-frame (only noticed under Linux with some MKV files)
- When the playback of a new video starts the sound needs 1-2 seconds to come up. Same problem when I fast for-/backward the video a bit.
- When I fast forward at 8x speed in some videos the forward increases up to "lightspeed" and the remaining 2 hours of the video are forwarded in 2-3 seconds.

I tried Dharma release and also a nightly build under windows and under Linux I tried a few days old svn checkout.

Installed packages:

libavcodec-dev
libavcodec52
libavdevice-dev
libavdevice52
libavfilter-dev
libavfilter1
libavformat-dev
libavformat52
libavutil-dev
libavutil50
libavfilter-extra-1
libavidemux0
libavutil-extra-50
libavc1394-0
libavc1394-dev
libavcodec-extra-52
libavdevice-extra-52
libavformat-extra-52
libpostproc-extra-51
libswscale-extra-0
Found the problem why configure failed - libavfilter-dev wasn't installed correctly. Now compilation works.

At lest the problem with the nonworking sound at the first 1-2 seconds after playback start and fast-forward still exists, so it has to be a xbmc internal problem.
The other problems will be checked tomorrow.