Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trying to instal Crystal HD drivers, little stuck!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK I have been following these instructions:

1. Go to http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx/, click download and download and unpack crystalhd-for-osx-1.0.1.zip.

2. Open the terminal, type cd and drag your unpacked crystalhd folder into the terminal, it'll look something like "cd /Users/[users]/Desktop/crystal-hd-for-osx-1.0.1"

3. In the terminal, enter

sudo mv BroadcomCrystalHD.kext /System/Library/Extensions

Enter your password when prompted. OS X might complain that the driver isn't properly installed, just click OK and ignore it.

4. In the terminal, enter the following

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext

and then

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext

5. In the terminal, enter

mv libcrystalhd.dylib /usr/lib/

6. In the terminal, enter

sudo chmod 755 /usr/lib/libcrystalhd.dylib

7. In the terminal, enter

mv bcmFilePlayFw.bin /usr/lib/

8. Now your Broadcom driver should be installed. To load it, enter the following in the terminal

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext

9. Now the driver should be loaded. Load up your latest XBMC svn and chose Broadcom Crystal HD as the video renderer.

I get as far as step 7, which I stuck a sudo in front of however the terminal returns an error of no such file or directory.

Can some one help me out on that please?
An alternative method of installing the BCHD driver: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69321
you fell into the google trap. I am attempting to install onto a mac mini not an appletv.

God only knows I have googled until I cried, everything is for ATV.
Then why don't you just move the files in place using the Finder?
Nothing ever implied it was that easy!
wait, why are you downloading 1.0.1? That's horribly outdated. Get 3.6.0
I did. But my understanding was i had to 'compile' these drivers, i.e. Simply moving the files into place would not work?
you said you got up to step 7. Try skipping step 7 and just proceed to step 8 and 9. See if that works.