Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shared library Linux and Atv2 with nightly build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, my goal is to use a shared library like announced in the lifehacker blog.

I've got it working fine with my atv2 with a nightly build (early june 2011 - to get the 720p videos working).

Now I decided to add an xbmc on my old pc to bring in the bedroom. This xbmc is a linux with xbmc 10.1 updated yesterday.

At this point it seems that both xbmc build are not compatible in the mysql xbmc database for videos. 10.1 uses version 42 and the nightly build for atv2 use version 51

Of course when I start the linux I keep getting the "Can't open the database xbmc_video as it is a NEWER version than what we were expecting!" error.

I followed a few suggestions from this forum and other, which was in short:
- make a backup of my library on my atv2
- transfer the backup to the linux 10.1
- drop all schemas created from the atv2
- re-create new schemas (empty)
- restart my linux so it creates the new tables (showing version 42)
- import the library

At this point everything worked fine on my linux. But as soon as I start my atv2 the version of the video database is updated for version 51, which can't be read from the xbmc 10.1 on the linux machine!

What should I do now!! What are my options:

1- is there a xbmc build for linux that can read version 51 databases
2- is there a way to hack the linux 10.1 to read the version 51 database anyway
3- other suggestions??

Thanks
use a nightly build on your linux box
dizzyikea Wrote:use a nightly build on your linux box

I can't find where I can get that. If you click on the nightly builds link on this page there is no linux folder. I tried the live folder but it is empty. So I figured there is no nightly build for linux...

Anyone can give me a link to a nightly build for linux?
Ned Scott Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=684015

Thanks I'll try that.