Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Atv2-xbmc to iMac networking problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need some help getting my atv2 running xbmc to access shared folders on my iMac.

I have set up the shared folders via system preferences, gone into options and enabled SMB sharing and have created a new user called xbmc with password and added the new user to the desired folders.

When adding new source in xbmc via SMB I can browse to, and see my shared folders no problem. I get stuck at step where I put in username and password. It will not accept what I enter as same screen pops back up everytime. I have tried different name and password combos even copying my main iMac user account details. Just can't get past the username/password step, but, I know the details are correct.

I'm running 10.6.8 on the iMac and latest ios on atv2.

What am I doing wrong? I have had an extensive search around but could only find people having similar problems with windows machines, for which removing windows live messenger fixed it for some reason. Any help appreciated as it is driving me nuts...
I have the same setup and mine is working fine. The only difference being that I use the default Admin user on my Mac. Come to think of it, I don't believe I was asked to put in a username/password when setting it up on my ATV2