Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newb question re: XBMC file sharing issues with Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please pardon the amateur question, but this has been driving me crazy. I installed XBMC on my ATV2 via NitoTV. I also have XBMC on my macbook pro. For whatever reason, which i think has to do with the network settings or something, I am getting nothing to share. I searched all the forums and tried everything I could find as far as settings, etc. I am basically just trying to access all of the movies, tv and music on my Mac and Time Machine. If someone can run through all of the settings for the Mac, and for XBMC in order to ensure file sharing....I would be eternally grateful.

Currently SMB and UNPN come up empty when try to add source in VIDEOS/MUSIC/PICTURES on XBMC. However XBMC on my mac has access to everything saved on my hard drive and on the Time Machine.

Thanks.
Moderator,
looks like this guy is having problems with ATV2, not Mac OSX. should probably be moved to "XBMC for iOS Specific Support"
gisxer Wrote:Moderator,
looks like this guy is having problems with ATV2, not Mac OSX. should probably be moved to "XBMC for iOS Specific Support"

No, he's trying to share files from his Mac OS X computer to the ATV2.
MB28 Wrote:Please pardon the amateur question, but this has been driving me crazy. I installed XBMC on my ATV2 via NitoTV. I also have XBMC on my macbook pro. For whatever reason, which i think has to do with the network settings or something, I am getting nothing to share. I searched all the forums and tried everything I could find as far as settings, etc. I am basically just trying to access all of the movies, tv and music on my Mac and Time Machine. If someone can run through all of the settings for the Mac, and for XBMC in order to ensure file sharing....I would be eternally grateful.

Currently SMB and UNPN come up empty when try to add source in VIDEOS/MUSIC/PICTURES on XBMC. However XBMC on my mac has access to everything saved on my hard drive and on the Time Machine.

Thanks.

Did you turn file sharing on in the Mac's System Preferences? You have to turn that on, select the folders you want to share, and hit the Options button and make sure Windows/SMB sharing is selected.

Unless you've upgraded to Mac OS X 10.7/Lion. If that's the case then you will have to follow one of these: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106659