Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC on Apple TV 2 accessing Humax HDR-FOX T2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Really new to XBMC so please bear with me!

I've setup XBMC on my Apple TV 2 and can play videos that are stored on a Humax HDR-FOX T2 box (DLNA compliant). Although I can play the videos (through Video-->Files) I can't get them to be scraped and shown in the Video-->Library area.

Any suggestions on what I can do to generate the gallery?

Note: I've copied the files to my PC and tried from there (using a Windows share) and the library is shown so I know that there's no problem with the filename format etc.

Cheers.
Are you reading the videos using uPnP? If so, they can't be scraped to the library because the uPnP URLs are dynamic.

JR
Hi,

Cheers jhsrennie.

Yes, I am viewing the files through uPnP. So, it looks as though I'll have to purchase some external storage - any suggestions on what works well? (with library support of course!).

Regards,

Jan.
If you rummage back through the forum there are loads of posting discussing the best form of external storage. The problem is that there is no "one size fits all" solution.

We hard core nerds use a full blown server to store media. In my case I have a server with 4 x 1TB disks hidden in the cupboard under the stairs. The server also runs my e-mail, does BitTorrent downloads etc, so it's far more than just a file store.

At the other end just hook up a USB drive, though bear in mind that USB drives are not famous for their reliability.

Somewhere in the middle are the NAS boxes like the QNAPs or Terastations. My personal favourite is the QNAP, though this is at the more expensive end of the NAS market. My company has several hundred QNAPs scattered across the UK and we find them very reliable.

So you pays your money and takes your choice!

JR
Hi,

Quote:rummage back through the forum there are loads of posting discussing the best form of external storage

Sure, I'll certainly do this.

I won't bother asking further questions as I'm deviating from my original question. Looks as though it's time for some further research!

Thanks for your advice and bearing with my ignorance - we all have to start somewhere!, it's really appreciated.

JW