Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Ubuntu 11.04 Use of gamepad for navigation? (Newbie)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed XBMC today on a Ubuntu 11.04 (natty?) . Had a problem with install that Google held the answer to (in several places):

http://www.nxfifteen.com/kb/article/inst...repository

The XBMC application seems very stable and easy to navigate. The key aim for me was to display the video list on a large screen, viewed at a distance with some kind of "cover flow" presentation of file contents rather than a list of file names. The "Back Row" skin seems to fulfil what I need for easy menu navigation.

I have scanned the wiki and this forum and I can see that the original version of the software was on the Xbox platform and the navigation was controlled by the Xbox controller (gamepad).

Now the software runs on various PC-type platforms (linux, windows, mac) the standard contol interface seems to be keybaord and mouse. Is it possible to configure a USB gamepad to navigate the menus? Sorry, if this has been amply covered eslewhere but I can't find it addressed. If there is a detailed link to described how to set this up I would be grateful for the link in a reply to this post.

thanks

Clive