Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: System hang when changing volume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having a nagging problem where my whole Linux HTPC system will sometimes hang when using the volume up/down buttons on my remote. I say sometimes since I can change the volume 5, 20 or 30 times without issue and then suddenly the next change the whole system will lock up hard. Pushing the power or reset button is the only thing I can do.

I use optical out of my HTPC, so my PC doesn't control volume at all. I have my LIRC config files set up to not acknowledge the volume controls. This is proven out by using IRW and watching when I press remote buttons. All buttons display in IRW output with the exception of the volume up/down.

I don't believe this to be anything related to XBMC, but something system wide. I just have no idea what else to try or where else to look. No errors appear in my system logs after rebooting. Anyone have any ideas on what else I can do to further diagnose the cause or prevent the crashes?