Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: cursor dissapearing when running xbmc full screen on second monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all...

hope this is a new question, if not please let me know....

i'm running the latest xbmc build 10.1 on osx. i have xbmc running fullscreen on a second display on my system and it is working great, with one exception. regardless of whether i have cursor control enabled or disabled in xbmc, anytime xbmc gets focus, my cursor disappears.

if xbmc was running full screen on my main monitor, this would obviously be the preferred behavior, but running it a second display makes managing other applications on the main desktop a little frustrating.

from searching the forums, it seems like most folks have issues with the cursor not disappearing when it should, my case would seem to be one of the few where it shouldn't disappear.

if anyone has any suggestions, i'd be happy to try them out... thx!

-thom
I presume under input settings you have the mouse enabled. It sounds like you're trying to run two displays at one time and the secondary TV display when full screen is the issue with the mouse pointer vanishing? Try full screen widowed... at this point there is some issues with two displays, one full screen and the primary display not being the secondary.
thx pat!

yes and yes. i switched from "full screen #2" to windowed mode and the behavior changed to what i was expecting. the downside being the title bar. i can now mouse between displays and my cursor does not disappear.

so xbmc knows whether the app is running full screen (which makes sense), i wonder if there is a way for it to also determine if it's running on the primary or secondary monitor on a given platform. it would be great if i could get windowed cursor behavior when running the app full screen on anything but the primary display.

thanks again!

-thom
There is a work around outside XBMC with the ATI CCC and Eyefinity settings, which allows you to specify which display is primary. (This may be version specific) most of the information I've seen on this subject points at XBMC as a single view device for now, with perhaps controlling software on a secondary device communicating through ports.
Any tips on this problem? I'm running OS X Mountain Lion, two screens and would like to use primary screen seamlessly but sometimes XBMC steals my cursor Smile