Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc Live 9.11 upgrade to last stable svn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I have a small problem, ive been using xbmc 10.0-10.1 for a while now and i dont like it coz of the framedrops/stutter etc so i just installed 9.11 repack and wanted to update it to latest last stable svn, i tried the usual upgrade path that i used when only 9.11 was avalible

pico /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list.list
Then copy and paste the following respository entries:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 64234534
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc
sudo reboot

but that just installed 10.1 again.

If there is some nice person out there who can help me out i would be very greatful.

Thing i want is the latest stable 9.11 svn for 9.11, that one didnt have the jerky/stutter playback, i had it before i went to 10.0-10.1 and thinking that the latest xbmc would be nice i reinstalled, that was stupid Wink
there is NO other stable 10.1 is the latest stable XBMC revision. if your looking for 9.11 you need to downgrade presuming you still have the packages in your /var/cache/apt/archives/

You look for the packages that you want and indtall them with

dpkg -i packagenamecompletle.deb for all the 9.11 ones you want.

whatever ppa your using doesn't contain any packages greater than 10
or LOWER than 10

If your on the other hand want to upgrade from stable 10.1 to unstable (GIT) 11 pre-eden the only option available to you is compile form source...

And as luck would have it there's a link on my signature to help you. Hint the top one.

No there's are no more ppa builds for Jaunty, before you go asking unless someone is doing them in a 3rd party ppa.

you have a choice to make, though I cant guaranty anything...
Thats to bad Sad

I remember when 9.11 repack was released and the weeks after that people start complaining about stutter/jitter on 720p/1080p playback on ion computers and xbmc fixed it in a svn release.

I was stupid to format my ssd and reinstall when 10.0 came out.

It would have been perfect to install 9.11 again and do a svn upgrade to that specific svn.

Im searching now on forum to lacate that thread.
the repack 9.11 can be found here http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/fil...0-%209.11/

as for the files of which upgrade you mention I doubt it.

seriously xbmc pre-eden works very decently and pawns 9.11.

SO much for having a HDD image on a backup drive before nuking your shit.
Well, dont get me wrong .. i love xbmc but i have a few issues with 10.0-10.1 that i dont like.

1: remote dubble clicks, it can be somewhat fixed by adding remotedelay in advancesettings, but its still there.
2: it still have some stutter/jerkyness (still there after adding youre nvidia-vdpau)
3: boot is slower that 9.11
4: browsing samba is faster on 9.11
5: series/movie starts faster with 9.11

I would like to thank you for youre input and help in clearing things up for me.
read post #2

also I just gave you the link for the 9.11 installer... so I dont really know what you expecting here.