Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Include watched movies in recents widget
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to edit the recently added widget so that it actually shows the most recently added files, regardless of if they have been flagged as watched or not?

Would be nice to know which new tv shows have been added even if my housemate has already watched them.
yes it's possible, you'll need to edit one of the files in your skin directory.
it depends on the skin you're using which file to edit.
I'm using the aeon nox skin.

What file should I be looking for? And when I find it, which bit of code to I need to change? I'm happy to have a hunt around myself, but right now I'm completely in the dark to what I should be looking for and where.
i just had a look and for aeon.nox, you'll need to edit these files:
- IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml (3x)
- Includes_MainMenu.xml (2x)
- Startup.xml

search those files for this piece of code:
Code:
XBMC.RunScript(script.recentlyadded,limit=8&albums=False&unplayed=True&totals=True)

and change unplayed=True to unplayed=False
You could search replace the whole string in all the files at once if you wanted I checked it only finds the ones ronie listed above
*wrong post*
ronie Wrote:i just had a look and for aeon.nox, you'll need to edit these files:
- IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml (3x)
- Includes_MainMenu.xml (2x)
- Startup.xml

search those files for this piece of code:
Code:
XBMC.RunScript(script.recentlyadded,limit=8&albums=False&unplayed=True&totals=True)

and change unplayed=True to unplayed=False

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

>>X<<' Wrote:You could search replace the whole string in all the files at once if you wanted I checked it only finds the ones ronie listed above

I used wordpad to open the xml files and change the text. couldn't figure out how to search all of the files at once. How would you do this?
You need to use a proper text editor when editing any files not wordpad something like Notepad++

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/