Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie will not P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone run into any challenges sometimes getting a movie to play in XBMC under Linux? (Movie is in ISO format) This does not happen for me all the time but once in a while I come acorss a movie that will not play. When trying to start the movie, XBMC crashes and unloads. Usually, if I keep trying I can get the movie to eventually play. However, I put a new movie on the other day in my collection and for the life of me can't get it to play without XBMC crashing. All of my other movies seem to be fine.

Any suggestions out there? I do not think the ISO is bad but you never know.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you can provide!
The debug log and/or crash log may provide some hints.
some isos are just naff and have some sort of compression which xbmc doesnt like.

Also while on the dvd.iso subject you will notcide that thers is no DS HD flag atrributed to these.

What I would do is extract it and see if it plays that way, however please provide the info Jonathan askled for before u go further.
Thank you! I am new to XBMC do you know where I would find the crash logs and what would they be called.