Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: accessing network shares on whs2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have the xbmclive and whs2011 hardjacked into the same router but xbmclive will not see the home network, although it does see my laptop which is on wifi which is crazy

im using a foxconn 330.

ive searhed arond and havent been able to find any info, i can access the network share folder perfectly fine on the win7 xbmc machine, but thats prolly because windows has sorted out the connection to the network

any idea how i can configure this in the xbmclive

help would be appreciated
update:

activating the guest account and allowing one of the folders with read only access has made the whs2011 visible on my xbmc, although I don't actually use this guest account, I use a higher privelage level account that has read/write access to the folder.. It's a weird glitch, that's reported by others as a workaround as well.
does WHS2011 have the option of turning off password requirement for sharing like Windows 7 does?
I have the old WHS and fixed it by creating a new account with the same name and password as my XBMC root