Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX-BUG] XBMCLIve remote becomes unresposive within XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks.

Im running XBMClive and also compile xbmc from git on my trusty old Asrock ION 330 HT.

Nothing has changed on my settings, except I recently enabled dirty regions.

Anyway The problem is that the Remote will become unresponsive within xbmc after the screensaver kicks is usually around 5 to 10 minutes.

Restarting Lirc has no effect ziltch nada so its not a lirc problem nor a driver problem.

If I restart xbmclive via putty (stop xbmc-live and after start xbmc-live the remote becomes responsive again.

Strange eh?

So because Im a curious person and momma didn't raise a quitter I decided to experiment.

So I disabled the screensaver completely as in set it to none.

This morning the remote would work 100% no matter how long xbmc was iddling away.

Turn it back on and walla remote stops working.

irw responds even when xbmc does NOT.

as for debug log here it is.

http://pastebin.com/U7PiV5De

ANy help with this BUG/Issue would sure be nice.

cheers.
Well it looks like there is more than just a screensaver problem. I have also ION 330 and my remote becomes unresponsive in random way. Sometimes it won't even start to work from the boot (can't power on machinne) and even after several reboots the remote won't work but then the next day it works like a charm.
I narrowed it down solely to the screensaver on my machine, it is as I described and I don't have all those other issues you mention.

You dont describe other tha issue what your setup is, which I think it has a great deal to do with at least my problem.
Does it fail with the Dim, Black or Slideshow screensavers?

I wonder if it's specific to the slideshow window...
it fails with euphoria o any other type screensaver, as it continues to do what a csreensaver does but remote is 100% dead with xbmc...Alive in linux.

Im partially unsure if all the keyboard changes etc they did caused this, but its way too much to go through...
i pulled latest today for the first time since around May and am having the same issue. i noticed that once Euphoria screensaver kicked in, i was no longer able to get xbmc to respond to either my dinovo mini or my MS generic IR remote. i had to kill the proc from a shell.

i was able to reproduce the problem by going into the Appearance->Screensaver menu and clicking Preview. however, here's a bit more info than X3lectric mentioned... not sure if he tried "black" or "dim", but neither of those screensavers lock up for me. Euphoria and Plasma both lock up, and i'm guessing the other 2 built-in screensavers will as well. hope this helps.
reproducable here with up2date git.
turning on euphoria preview makes my mouse, keyboard and ir
unresponsive and only change to quit xbmc is to switch to some tty and kill it.
no input problems under xfce4 afterwards btw.
update: i pulled latest git last night and it looks like this issue has been fixed. let me know if anyone is still experiencing this with an up-to-date build and i'll pass along the ticket that i opened in case you want to try to reopen it.
seems to be fixed, Ill mark i as such.... to unknown commiter thx on behalf of the "save willy" crew

cheers for posting and in IRC.