Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playing Videos/Photos automated / time-scheduled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
i' am now looking for days for a solution to tell xbmc
to play time-scheduled and in a loop certain videos and pictures.

What I' am trying todo is to say, either:
-Play "all content" (videos and photos) from a certain directory in a never ending loop.
- of course I would love to have this time-scheduled (start at:7pm and end at 8pm)! so, that it can run by its own.

or either:
-Play a Playlist (filled with photos and videos) in a never ending loop
-of course, a time-scheduled version would be like having eastern and christmas together at one day.

I' am running appleTV2, jailbreaked with Seas0npass and XBMC in its latest version.

hope somebody might help me!

Cheers
I' am still trying to solve that problem... :-(

Would it be a solution to install cron,
specify a playlist containing photos and pictures (don't know if that is possible)
and schedule a cronjob for that action!?

Does anybody know if that could be a solution?
ok.
I finally know that to boot directly into XBMC is done by editing the launcher. Still do not know how exactly it works, but hope to be able to solve at least the first step by my own.
So I finally found a "step by step" explanation how to boot directly into the xbmc.

It's written in German... but the code is self explaining :-)

Bevor I am going to do this... I still need to now how to automatically play videos and pictures in xbmc and if there is a workaround to time-schedule it.

I think the options could be:
1) By playlist
2) All videos and pictures in a certain folder

still looking forward for some help! Thx
I think I found a solution (theoretically). I am going to try it later and post a feedback.

1) In Skin Setting you can choose a music playlist to automatically run. What I need to do it to change the guisettings.xml, find the path to the play list an change it by the path to the smart play list.

It I understood it right, a smartplaylist is a link to a directory which lists all files containing in that directory.

Still do not know if this solution works... and if it possible to play videos and picture in one playlist!