Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Watched status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use two sources for my library. One source is my active/seeding torrents and the other is my archive. Once I'm done seeding I move items to the archive. This requires me to clean and scan my library. Doing so also makes XBMC forget that if I've watched something from the torrent directory once it gets moved. Am I missing something or does anyone have a solution for this?
Once you remove something from the library and then re-add it again it's considered a new file.

Perhaps configure your torrent application to move the file upon completion to it's final resting place before you even add it to XBMC and change the way you are currently going about things.
I figured so. I was hoping there was a way I could make the XBMC library know that a file changed locations but to keep the associated metadata.
noon Wrote:I figured so. I was hoping there was a way I could make the XBMC library know that a file changed locations but to keep the associated metadata.

I can't recall at the moment if there is any internal way for XBMC to do this, but you can do this by changing the movie/show's entry in the library. I believe there are 3rd party media managers that do this and work with XBMC's library DB. Take a look at the Supplemental Tools for XBMC forum.
Thanks Ned I'll give it a shot there!