Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to connect to server… continue scanning?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had this popup for months now and I can’t figure out how to get rid of it.

When my xbmc boots or comes out of sleep mode I always get the error popup saying “unable to connect to remove server, continue scanning? Yes/no”

I have searched the forums and found others with the same error, but the solutions ive tried don’t seem to have any effect. I have cleared out my add-ons folder, cleaned up my library but this message keeps coming back?

Any pointers? Some of the posts I found were from 1-2 years ago so I was hesitant to try there “fixes”

Thanks,
-aPeg
Some service is attempting to connect to the internet (weather update most likely) and your network is not available at the time it checks. (might have something to do with coming out of sleep mode, the network isn't there yet). If you still get the right weather temperatures and you can scrape into the library when you need it, indicates your net connection comes online after some sort of handshaking but is little latent for XBMC's needs. You can ignore this... or exit XBMC before putting into sleep mode (script), then re-run it with a sight delay when charging it up again.

Hope that helps a bit.
That happened to me. I had disabled the youtube addon. Re-installing it made that go away.
I had the YouTube add-on running, but i have uninstalled it since... but the popup keeps coming?

Sleep mode is the key to my setup, otherwise i cant turn XBMC on via remote (IR). I almost never go into weather, is there a way to disable it?

I also get the popup on fresh boot?

-aPeg
I do not think you can remove the weather plugin. Are you using a wireless card or a Ethernet cable. As said earlier as your computer comes out of sleep it might not have established a connection to the internet yet and is there for trying to reach something that is not there yet. A quick fix would be to disable the Update Library at Start Up.

For me I needed YouTube installed to remove the message. Do not remove the YouTube plugin.
the scrapping services are broken in the nightly builds....
kris2k Wrote:the scrapping services are broken in the nightly builds....

I had no problems scraping my TV show/movie library last night with the latest nightly build. My music library is currently scraping away without any problems (although it sure is taking a while!)
kris2k Wrote:the scrapping services are broken in the nightly builds....
No, look here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107104