Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library adds everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have XBMC installed on my ATV2. I'm trying to add movies to my library. I put all my movies in a master folder called Movies then under that folder I have folders for each movie. Each movie is named with (the date) after it so for instance Back to the Future III is named Back_to_the_future_III (1990).mkv.

The problem I have is when I try to add movies to the library it not only scans everything in my movies folder but looks at all the other folders too so things like advertisements and bumpers get thrown in there as well. How do I get the scanner to only look at Movies and nothing else.

My folder structure is:

Movies
folders of each movie
XMBC
Advertisements
Bumpers
Trailers
ect

I don't want XMBC to look at XMBC folder for the library, only to Movies. What have I setup wrong?

In case my diagram doesn't make sense Movies and XMBC are both on the base level with all other folders under them. Movies is not under XMBC and XMBC is not under Movies.

Thanks.
Movies folder should only contain the movie folders and Movies should be set as the source
Select the sub folders, bring up the contextual menu, set content, exclude from scan.