Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATV1 can play HULU + NETFLIX in 1080P ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just out of curiosity,
can someone confirm me if
ATV1 can play HULU + NETFLIX in 1080P ??

thx
1080 ATV1 playback only works if you load linux on it. Otherwise it's just 720 being upscaled.

Hulu yes. Netflix no.
oh,,,
So ATV1 plays NetFlix in 1080P (upscaled from 720P) ??

thx
The later Broadcom card is supposed to support Flash acceleration if your software takes advatage of it but as far as I know the version of MacOS that ATV1 shipped with does not take advatage of that so you can only use it in Linux or in XBMC on local files.

Microsoft does not make a Quicksilver for Linux period (so no Netflix period until they go HTML5) and again the version of MacOs on the ATV1 does not take advantage of the Broadcom card, much less for Quciksilver. Running Quicksilver on an unimproved ATV is from what I read an exercise in frustration so I never tried.

As far I am concerned the only streaming an ATV1 does well is from the icefilms plug-in in XBMC. But as a secondary player its great esp with the Broadcom card.
ok, clear Smile
At the end of the day an ATV1 will always be a Pentium M with limited RAM and decent video acceleration and outputs. In the multicore present that increasingly is a pretty pokey processor.
eskro Wrote:oh,,,
So ATV1 plays NetFlix in 1080P (upscaled from 720P) ??

thx

ATV1 does not play Netflix. There are some methods/tricks to get it to work, but it's not very watchable and it will only work for SD Netflix content.

Hulu works in HD when the Bluecop's Hulu add-on is working. If you run linux then the linux Hulu Desktop application will work, and will work in HD as well.
sweet!
thanx for those clarifications Ned Scott!!

And again, to be sure,
by HD your mean 1080P right?

and what about ATV2...
i know it outputs to 720P but,
can it handle 720P Hulu too??

thx