Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DVD ISO DTS 5.1 Problem - 2 Channel until stop + resume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have resolved this by converting my DVD ISO's with DTS tracks to MKV files, but thought it was still worth mentioning. I've been searching high and low for an answer, but have only found similar problems and no solutions. Thankfully, this seems to be the only real issue I have.

The problem: When I first start up one of these DVD ISO's (Top Gun for example), I only get 2 channel audio. If I stop and resume the movie, DTS works just fine. It doesn't seem to matter if I switch to DTS midstream either; it still doesn't work until stop+resume. The receiver shows 2 channels active and the volume buttons on the remote/KB change the volume vs. the normal passthrough mode that effectively disables that.

Background:
- Yamaha RX-V1300 6.1 receiver that is DD and DTS capable
- Connected via Toslink/Optical.
- DTS works fine with Blu-rays, as does everything else (e.g. no issues with AC3 that I've noticed.)
- I generally opt for a DTS track when given the option, so I've kept only the DTS track for many of my DVD's, using DVDFab Main Title Only to ISO. FWIW, the problem persists even with titles that also include the AC3 track.

What I've tried:
- I tried a multitude of audio output settings with no change.
- I finally took the time to look through the library for all DVD's with DTS tracks and found one that was a Video_TS folder. That played fine, which led to converting the DTS DVD ISO's to MKV files, which also works just fine.

I'm afraid I haven't generated a debug log or anything yet. I was thrilled to find an answer, and then the wife was ready for her TV time (I was up past my normal bed time.) And I'm at work now.