Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Mac]: Making a .ISO from Video_ts???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have several 'VIDEO_TS' folders each of which I would like to package into separate .ISO's.

I have now tried several programs (any2iso, toast, burn and a few others) and all with the same result. I can read the .iso with e.g. Handbrake, open on Desktop with Finder a.s.o.

However 1 thing is not possible and that is using them with the latest XBMC. It tells me either that there is something wrong or (after selecting) nothing happen at all.

How do Maccers make .iso from existing Video_ts folders?
I use ImgBurn for this, with no problems.
I do it from the command line using hdiutil

Quote:hdiutil makehybrid -iso -o Image.iso /input_path

That works but apparently you can use dd and it is faster. Check out this superuser question about it.
@antoniong: are you turning your DVD files into a video DVD iso or a data DVD iso? XBMC should be able to read video isos, but I don't think it can read data isos.

JR
@jhsrennie:

Tried both. VLC has no problem. Xbmc cannot read them, simply nothing happens.

@jschoen:

Same. VLC can read it but Xbmc not.

@alanbie:

I use a Mac and not Windows.
Edit: missed it was for Mac , sorry!

Img tool for windows
http://sv.afterdawn.com/programvara/vide...lassic.cfm
Sorry I wasn't at my computer that I have the script saved at, apparently there are other options.

Try:

Quote:hdiutil makehybrid -iso -joliet -udf -udf-version 1.02 -default-volume-name "ISONAME" -o Image.iso /input_path

This is the exact command i use. input path should not include the video_ts folder. Example you have ripped the dvd to "/ripped/video_ts" you would put "/ripped".

This works for me with XBMC.
jschoen Wrote:Sorry I wasn't at my computer that I have the script saved at, apparently there are other options.
Try:
This is the exact command i use. input path should not include the video_ts folder. Example you have ripped the dvd to "/ripped/video_ts" you would put "/ripped".
This works for me with XBMC.

Tried it, but it does not work. I really think I am missing something in my setup of Xbmc. But what?