Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TVShow Naming Conventions - REGEXP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'd like to add my home movies collection to XBMC library, somehow along these lines: http://www.pcmediacenter.com.au/forum/to...nfo-files/

But I wouldn't like to have to rename all my home video files, which are already with my own naming convention, to fit the default XBMC naming convention.

I use the following:

20110807.01 - Selma's Birthday
20110727.01 - Nuno's Birthday
20110628.01 - Tiago's Birthday at School
20110628.02 - Tiago's Birthday at Home

The first 8 characters are the year, month and day (yyyymmdd), then the dot separates the date from the sorting number, which serves only to sort in case there's more than one home movie in the same day.

According to the tuturial, the idea is to place the home movies as a TV Show, where the year would be the season.

My though is to use the month and day as the "episode number".

What would be the right regular expression to put in the advancedsettings.xml to append this to the XBMC's default naming convention?
And in your opinion, where would my sorting number fit in this layout?

By the way, if anyone knows a better way of putting the home videos in the library, by all means, I'm open to suggestions... Smile

Thank you
Nuno Picado
you can leave the files named as you already have them, you will just need to manually create .nfo files for each one.

examples of the content for .nfo files can be found below.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...y#TV_Shows

Maybe make a TV show "Home Videos" then make each of your videos a different episode?
Actualy, I aplogise I think I may have steered you wrong.. even with manual creation of .nfo files the normal naming conventions will apply. it should be covered in that link I gave you.
Thanks for your reply!

In that article the author talked about it, and the necessity to rename the files...

But I was reading on the wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows) that we may create new filename structures so that XBMC will recognize them.

Unfortunatelly, reading the instructions in that page, the only thing I learned is that regular expressions are definatelly not my hidden talent! I can't make head and tails of it!
I just read this from the wiki covering regex's

Quote: Filenames without Season

There are two methods to add episodes without a season in their file path. Both ways will force the season to '1', so that you can use the 'Use Absolute Ordering (Single Season)' setting from the TheTvDb.com scraper.
  • Simple Method (supported since 9.11)
    • Use only one pair of parentheses
    • Example: <regexp>[/\._ \-]([0-9]+)</regexp>

• Advanced Method (supported since 10.05)
    • Supports multi-episode files without season
    • Use an empty pair of parentheses for the season
    • Example: <regexp>[/\._ \-]()([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)?</regexp>

It's possible this may allow you to just import with the file names you have, and as your file names are dates they should automatically show in the correct order.
I'll give it a shot, thank you! Wink