Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any way to change song ratings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if I'm just missing something, but it would be really nice if there was some way to change the song ratings in the Now Playing screen. I use XBMC during parties, and on my linux box I can just hit up/down to adjust the rating (I make smart playlists based on the rating, when a song isn't doing it for people, I try to change the rating right there). The ATV2 version doesn't seem to have a quick way to do this though. Up/Down on the remote do nothing.

It would also be handy if the remote android app could do this.
If it's not already a feature, it'd be very handy to add! Anyone else agree, or am I the only one?
I'm waiting for this, too...
It looks like the default keymap has volume mapped to up and down.

To change this make a kepmap.xml in your userdata folder and paste this into it -

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<keymap>
    <Visualisation>
        <joystick name="AppleRemote">
            <button id="1">IncreaseRating</button>
            <button id="2">DecreaseRating</button>
        </joystick>
    </Visualisation>
</keymap>
(2012-03-15, 12:38)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like the default keymap has volume mapped to up and down.

To change this make a kepmap.xml in your userdata folder and paste this into it -

Before adding this, up and down from remote in full screen music visualization didn't make nothing. Now, with this keymap.xml in userdata folder, up and down from remote makes volume up / down.
Maybe IncreaseRating / DecreaseRating values are not recognized?
Now it works, i've putted the keymap.xml in the wrong folder (\userdata\ instead of \userdata\keymaps\)... thanks Hitcher!