Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can you get MCE remote working without EventGhost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

I'm still struggling through the XBMC setup, but I'm slowly getting there.

I have it running under windows, and I've changed the policy settings to run xbmc for the media center user instead of explorer. So far so good. But unfortunately only several keys on my MCE remote work (it's the original microsoft) Sad

I have been looking at different posts and the wiki, and I got the keyboard.xml from sourceforge and I've placed it in userdata, but it hasn't made any difference at all.

Most importantly, I can't change volume at all. I don't know if it's because the keyboard.xml is wrong, or because explorer.exe isn't starting first, or some other reason.

Is there a way to use the bog standard MCE remote with XBMC without installing EventGhost?
I'm not speaking from experience so I can't be 100% certain, but there is an add on available in the repository for MCEremote, have you tried that?
crótach Wrote:Is there a way to use the bog standard MCE remote with XBMC without installing EventGhost?

Yes, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows

JR