Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC live to tv through vga?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Feel a bit lame, but: I booted XBMC Live in my Lenovo x61s and would obviously like to see the screen in my TV. Only option currently is through VGA (...yeah).

However, the laptop got hit with a baseball bat and I can only see some two thirds of the screen Big Grin

Sooo, is there some config needed for the VGA, and if so, any hints roughly where should I click? PC's own [Fn+F7] doesn't work.

Thanks in advance!
Me an my friend are both running XBMCbuntu on a T61 (yet we have other problems with the setup, not suited for this thread).
But we did find a solution where it will boot and use the external screen with max resolution.

I can't remember exactly where the file must be placed, but I have the contents of the file. I hope it can help you, or at least provide enough information for you to find a solution with Google.
Code:
EXTERNAL_OUTPUT="DVI1"
INTERNAL_OUTPUT="LVDS1"

xrandr |grep $EXTERNAL_OUTPUT | grep " connected "
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
    xrandr --output $INTERNAL_OUTPUT --off --output $EXTERNAL_OUTPUT --auto
else
    xrandr --output $INTERNAL_OUTPUT --auto --output $EXTERNAL_OUTPUT --off
fi

I hope it will help you. I am afraid I'm not a experienced user in Linux, so I can't be of help in optimizing the code for your needs. sorry