Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MKV sub before SRT file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I have a mkv movie with spanish subtitles, however I don't know any spanish and I'm not from there, so I thought I'd add a subtitle in my own langage instead. I tried it out in Media Player Classic and it works great. It's an external subtitle in form of a SRT file. It's in he same folder as the movie and has the same name, but XBMC still shows the spanish subtitle. Help?
Just me?
most times it takes more than just three hours to get an answer (at least a working one).

Personally I've never tried a file that had mixed subs (one inside the MKV and one as an external srt file). I'm guessing you've tried on the OSD video settings to select which subtitle is used?
If you mean pressing the subtitles button while playing a video, then yes, but no subtitles are listed.
Correction, audio settings. Bring up the OSD while playing the movie, go to the audio settings, and it should let you select which subtitle is used.
Ned Scott Wrote:Correction, audio settings. Bring up the OSD while playing the movie, go to the audio settings, and it should let you select which subtitle is used.
Thanks