Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Error Script failed:Script.favourites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep getting the above error while trying to add items to the menu like "Kids TV". This is what I have done so far.

- Install XBMC 10.1 live ISO from XBMC.org and installed to HDD
- Installed Passion repo from zip and installed the Aeon Nox SVN

So then tried to go to System->Settings->Skin and Favourites Shortcuts but when I tried to add a new button got "Cant find favourites.xml" so I created a file called favourites.xml and put it in .xbmx/userdata. After doing that I got "Error script failed script.favourites"

So I have also tried to install the favourites script 1.0.6 and 1.0.5 from zip but nothing happens so I have manually copied the contents of the favourites script zip in to /.xbmc/addons and restarted but still get the same error.

It may be that my favourites.xml file empty as I created this as it wasn't there and didn't know what was supposed to go in it.

Under system info it says XBMC 10.1 Git:Unknown (Compiled:Mar 9 2011) if this helps.

Also I have now reinstalled XBMC from scratch 3 times and also tried updating to the nightly XBMX 11.0 but still have the same problem.

Thanks
you should not use the passion repo if you are running 10.1, if you want to run the unstable ppa then you would use the passion repo
Thanks.