Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbmc tv show library export help and emm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I was wanting some help, I use emm to scrape my movies and save the info and folder.jpg and tbn file to there correct folders as xbmc somtimes can not get the right details on media flags hence the reason I use emm

Now I have tried emm with tv shows and it does not do a very good job at tv shows but xbmc scraper does.

I was wanting to know if I export my library can I just export my tv shows or do u have to do all the library. If u do need to export all the library how do u stop it from writing over my emm scraped movie files like info, folder.jpg and tbn.

Also can u just scrape the tv shows info files and tbn files as I already have all the posters banners and fanart.

Last question, if u add a new tv show to a already made backup and export the library would it just backup that show or your whole library ?

I have a few tv shows but want all the info and thumbs of the episodes backed up into there own folder as emm handles my movies.

Thanks foe any tips or advice
anyone help on this
Hello,

Hopefully I can help a bit, at least on your first questions.

There is a setting that, when exporting, will not allow overwriting of files that you have already.
I believe that when exporting your db, it automatically exports the TV and Movie library as one.
So in order to just get XBMC to export your movie nfo files, what I do is to search my Movie directory "*.nfo". This will bring up all nfo files. Delete the ones you want "overwritten" or delete them all. Check the option to not overwrite and let it go. Your TV nfo files will remain as they were and you will now have new movie nfo files.
You can do this with your *.tbn and *.jpg file as well.
I am in the process of doing this very thing, at least after I fix the genres of my movies.
Mark
Thanks, the only problem I have now is that I have named all my fanart as fanart but xbmc exports them as the moviename-fanart. Never mind I will have to delete all the fanart

Thanks