Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys can you post some screenshots of how your backdrops look like ? I need some ideas as to what to use for MUSIC,TVSHOWS , SETTINGS etc.. Dont like the default pics..
binaryjay Wrote:xbmc crashed while updating the library and then every time I start it now the skin is missing all images... I think it must have happened while updating the skin.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling skin from zip etc. but it just crashes and is still missing all of the images from the skin so it's impossible to use... crap...

I am using Eden on Ubuntu... I couldn't figure out where the skin files are installed so I could try to do a manual purge of everything, any help appreciated. I searched the entire filesystem for the term mq3 and came up with only the zip install file.

Every time I either try to update/install or even roll back this skin xbmc crashes.

Same thing happened to me on the Windows side. After restarting XBMC the skin was missing portions (i.e. couldn't tell what item was highlighted, etc etc).

I had to manually download and extract the 1.1.3 zip file into the appropriate appdata directory to get it going...
gibxxi Wrote:Since upgrading to 1.1.3 fanart is now no longer displaying in the main menu for Music, Movies or TV shows. Is there anything in the "Artwork Organizer" add-on that needs changing for this to work again?

Accessing library via NFS btw, if that's at all relevant. Was working fine with 1.1.2.

I believe this is a nightly XBMC issue. It looks like the issue was fixed for TV (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12312) but I still have the issue with Movies (for which I opened a ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12341)
RavenNL Wrote:1. Recently added doesn't add new movies / tv-shows anymore until I reboot my media pc (probably restarting xbmc will do the same).

Same here unfortunatelly!
mikkelnl Wrote:Same here unfortunatelly!

Mine is ok, using the nightly from 10th December. What build are you using? does the recently added update on another skin? as the skin only pulls information from the database...
chippie Wrote:Mine is ok, using the nightly from 10th December. What build are you using? does the recently added update on another skin? as the skin only pulls information from the database...

I'm using xbmc live dharma... Recently added only works after restarting the skin or xbmc. Other skins work fine... Confused
mikkelnl Wrote:I'm using xbmc live dharma... Recently added only works after restarting the skin or xbmc. Other skins work fine... Confused

Weird then, have never used the live builds myself, find it strange that it does not update. One test you can do is switch to antoher skin then add to the library, see if it updates then as by switching skins it may be refreshing it. From what you say though it is connected to the skin, just find it odd. Hope you get it sorted.
The DVD boxes still show when you are viewing actors in the Showcase view.
curtis-r, fixed in pre-1.1.4.
Is it just me or did the duration and genre info disappear in Low List (with zoom list disabled)? (v1.1.3)

I really like the layout of the Low List view, but the available info defies logic in my opinion. If MarcosQui could inform me on his logic for the available info, that would be really helpful.

The info I would like to see are:

Essential:
* plot (I want to know what the film is about)
* year (my buddies aren't really into old stuff)
* genre (I want to know if I'm watching a horror movie or a comedy)
* duration (we need to be finished at some point, so I want to know how long the film is going to be)
* IMDb rating (in number format, if you only have stars most films have either 3 or 4 stars which is all but useless)

And if possible I would like to see on the same screen:
* director
* tag line

Currently if you have zoom list disabled (which I find too cluttered) and are using the Info option in the navigation layout, you can see:

* year
* director
* writer
* mpaa rating
* plot
* IMDb rating (in star format)

so this misses the duration, genres and tag line.

Instead of the writer (only real film buffs want to know that) and mpaa rating (which already has a representative symbol like pg-13 on the screen, so why bother), why not show the tag line and leave the plot area a bit larger? Or even better... why not make it customizable so that I can pick the items that I want to have visible?

My ideal version would show in the list part of the screen (in the center), e.g.:

Drag Me To Hell 2009
99 Minutes - Thriller/Horror 6.9

And on the right:

Director: Sam Raimi
Tag Line: Even nice people can go to hell.
Plot: A loan officer who evicts an old woman from her home finds herself the recipient of a supernatural curse. Desperate, she turns to a seer to try and save her soul, while evil forces work to push her to a breaking point.

Thank you for your time and for this wonderful skin. I have seen none better!
chippie Wrote:Weird then, have never used the live builds myself, find it strange that it does not update. One test you can do is switch to antoher skin then add to the library, see if it updates then as by switching skins it may be refreshing it. From what you say though it is connected to the skin, just find it odd. Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks. Just switched back to aeon nox: updates work fine, both with new movies and tv episodes! Maybe it's related to dharma...
hello

I've a weird problem since last update :

all windows and menu and skin while in "movies or tv show" (info and boxes) become transparent. I'll post a screen if I can.

I'm using the last dharma version under windows 7
why cant i choose the banner from menu like in season tumb?
Hey MQ, great job with all the updates. I haven't had any issues (at least for what I do) so great job with the skin. I keep switching to different skins to see how they look/feel, but none of them have all the functionality like MQ3. And of course it looks great on a big screen
TijlK Wrote:Is it just me or did the duration and genre info disappear in Low List (with zoom list disabled)? (v1.1.3)

I'm having the same issue since the update. I've also noticed that while the library updates on new content, the skin does not (i.e. the recently added list, count). These do get update but only after xbmc is restarted.

Running 10.1 on OpenELEC.

Is there a way to get 1.1.2 back? I didn't realize I had auto-update for add ons turned on.