Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MarcosQui Wrote:chippie, I'm correcting the error with the hdtv box (coming soon in version pre-1.2.1), but I found another problem;
Re-scraper the movie does not update the box, you must delete the movie and add the collection again. This only happens now with the Beta1, is not an error of skin, I reverted the code but the problem is the same.

I do not know if is XBMC bug or part of the new database.

Thanks Marcos, have you removed the code that looks at the codec and just reverted to looking at the filenames as think there are several people who rip everything as mkv including DVD's which should appear with xvid cases as they would not have HDTV or BluRay in the filename?

As for deleting and re-adding, cannot see people complaing about this if it fixes the cases on all movies. I personally will just rebuild the database from scratch.

Thanks again!
I have another strange issue which i think is MQ3 related.

After i added a Favorite in the main menu and my system boots up it first starts with that added Favorite as starting point and after a few seconds it flickers and goes to Movies menu item.

I then leave it on menu item Movies, put my box to sleep, wake him up and same thing. First screen is added Favorite then back to Movies.

Is there some caching issue or file i need to tweak to get rid of this behavior?

And something else. Is it possible to map Play Trailer to remote shortcut?
shadetree Wrote:Thanks chap for sharing this!

Question, does your media cases display correctly...dvd black, blu-ray blue, etc...with the file extension names?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with media case displays, as I'm fairly new to XBMC and all its options/add-on's. I'm use to my Tvix 6600, and will change over if I'm happy with xbmc etc (which all signs point to yes).

Are you talking about when you're in your "movies" and it shows a blue cover around the front dvd/bluray cover art (eg like a blue case)?

There's a setting for it to turn it on/off for when your in your "movies" and when your in the movie "info" (I need to check my word doc at home for the exact option), as I have all that turned off as imo its not as "clean". Can you post a screenshot for me?

I'm not entirely sure if it auto detects/changes based on the file name extension when its turned on, I'm not sure what a DVD file extension would be etc... I have mostly mkv's, but I do remember I had blu-ray style covers for my movies.. (only have 2 in video library atm as a test)

MarcosQui, any update for this issue I posted here? You able to replicate it?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=981...count=2201
Just discovered and installed this skin yesterday on my Dharma installation.

Having some issues:

- When in detailed info mode; I cannot select the cast members; or scroll through them.
- In low list mode, or any other view for that mather, I see a movie rating in stars. Enabling the option "use text rating instead of stars" doesn't change anything. It would be nice to see the IMDB score, and also the IMDB top 250 ranking if applicable.

Any body have a solution for this? Spent all night reading and searching for it.
phusebox Wrote:Just discovered and installed this skin yesterday on my Dharma installation.

Having some issues:

- When in detailed info mode; I cannot select the cast members; or scroll through them.

Confirmed bug, won't get fixed under Dharma, see http://code.google.com/p/mod-skin/issues...id=3&can=1

FYI Eden beta doesn't have that problem

phusebox Wrote:- In low list mode, or any other view for that mather, I see a movie rating in stars. Enabling the option "use text rating instead of stars" doesn't change anything. It would be nice to see the IMDB score, and also the IMDB top 250 ranking if applicable.

I believe that is also a bug, noticed that as well under Dharma & Eden.

Post bugs and feature requests here http://code.google.com/p/mod-skin/issues/list
RavenNL Wrote:Confirmed bug, won't get fixed under Dharma, see http://code.google.com/p/mod-skin/issues...id=3&can=1

FYI Eden beta doesn't have that problem

I believe that is also a bug, noticed that as well under Dharma & Eden.

Post bugs and feature requests here http://code.google.com/p/mod-skin/issues/list

Thanks for the info. Afraid of problems when switching to Eden beta; so will just have to swith back to another skin until Eden is released Sad
phusebox Wrote:Thanks for the info. Afraid of problems when switching to Eden beta; so will just have to swith back to another skin until Eden is released Sad

Tbh it's not needed, i stayed away from the nightlies but once Eden Beta was released I gave it a try and never regretted it.

From my personal view the skin MQ3 works better under Eden then under Dharma (It was intentional designed for eden as well). Under Dharma I noticed more problems with the skin that aren't there in Eden.

Overal Eden runs as stable as Dharma did for me.
Small bump: does anyone here see the same, smoother scrolling on Nox? I switched down to LITE in MQ3 and that didnt help.

kees667 Wrote:Currently running skin in normal mode on an Asrock 330. When I scroll my music in file mode (list view) I can't help but notice that scrolling is less smooth compared to Aeon Nox. Speed looks about the same. Is it my hardware not coping?
leftywhat Wrote:I'm not entirely sure what you mean with media case displays, as I'm fairly new to XBMC and all its options/add-on's. I'm use to my Tvix 6600, and will change over if I'm happy with xbmc etc (which all signs point to yes).

Are you talking about when you're in your "movies" and it shows a blue cover around the front dvd/bluray cover art (eg like a blue case)?

There's a setting for it to turn it on/off for when your in your "movies" and when your in the movie "info" (I need to check my word doc at home for the exact option), as I have all that turned off as imo its not as "clean". Can you post a screenshot for me?

I'm not entirely sure if it auto detects/changes based on the file name extension when its turned on, I'm not sure what a DVD file extension would be etc... I have mostly mkv's, but I do remember I had blu-ray style covers for my movies.. (only have 2 in video library atm as a test)

MarcosQui, any update for this issue I posted here? You able to replicate it?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=981...count=2201

The recent code change for MQ3 affects Dharma this way. The fix short of reinstalling MQ3 previous version zip without auto updates, is move up to Eden.
RavenNL Wrote:Eden Beta was released I gave it a try and never regretted it.

From my personal view the skin MQ3 works better under Eden then under Dharma (It was intentional designed for eden as well). Under Dharma I noticed more problems with the skin that aren't there in Eden.

Overal Eden runs as stable as Dharma did for me.

Thank you very much for the insight RavenNL.
Argh so I've tried to switch to Eden.... adding Favourites to the Main Menu says you need to install the "favourites script"

Where the hell is it? Is this it?
http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/addons...avourites/
Looks like it, Why would you bother to ask though ? Just install it and see, It's not like you can't uninstall it if it's the wrong one. Also you should be able to download\install from the addons section.
Fortunately for everyone that waiting for this, in version pre-1.2.1 the background, fanart, curtains, fallback and extrafanart are independent between Movies, TVShows and Concerts, is no longer a global option. Rolleyes

leftywhat, this is correct script favourite.
Ok, so here's the deal with switching to Eden Beta (For those that are thinking)

Installs fine, install skin (you'll still need to download the repo.zip as its not found in the skins option to download, which you can then select to install it).

To add favourites to the main menu, you need "favourites script" found here. (You don't need it in Dharma 10.1). Basically I just went to "install from zip..." and it looked like it did nothing/didn't work, but when you go back into the skin menu options, you can now add favorites to the main bar/sub menu

http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/addons...avourites/

When you go to add videos to your library, when its scrapping (even local files in your movies folder - eg using ember media manager), you'll get the error "Unable to connect to remote server, would you like to continue scanning".

This effects your movie info etc. To fix it, you must install the Youtube Add-on (which again is installed by default with Dharma 10.1). Adding content (videos) is then fine, no issues/errors. No idea why it fixes it but it does.

Also, you'll have to install RSS Editor again (not installed automatically like 10.1 to edit/remove the RSS feed).

$VA sign is not shown, and shows the language correctly, but again you can turn it off in 10.1 anyway show its not really an issue.

Apart from that, seems a tad smoother at the start, can't say I notice much difference. Not sure whether to keep using this beta, or go back and use 10.1? Where would I find a list of bugs for the beta people have found? If they're not major I'll just use it, but I don't want memory leaks etc Smile

MarcuiQui, that issue with the top sub title menu overlaying
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2201

It only happens when you turn off "enable main menu placement with up/down arrows" and then play a music song, and you'll notice it while scrolling through the menu, effects both Eden and Dharma
My playlist work if I add them to to the main menu. If I try to access them from the list of playlist in the Movies sub menu none of them will show any movies. Anyone have an idea why this would be? I am using openelec Eden beta.
Thanks