Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RavenNL Wrote:That's easy to test.
Just create a .mkv file and name it a movie you want and scrape it and test.

And yes I think it is an issue with BDMV structure.
Just add the bluray tag to the main movie file.

Looks like we posted at the same time.

Yes looks like an issue with bdmv structure, is there no way to fix this in a new release based on the folder name for bluray folder structure?

Example

Dead Poet Society.Bluray (folder)-----> Bdmv folder structure inside

Somewhat strange an official bluray folder structure cannot have a bluray case...

When you say add the tag to the main movie file do you mean rename it? That will cause it to not work, since the playlist in the bluray structure looks for a specific mt2s file number, renaming it would cause the playlist to not be able to find it.

I could possibly change the mpls file with hex editor but this is an absurd amount of work, and messing with the mpls playlist structure is asking for trouble.

Even something as easy as getting rid of that generic light blue case, and replace it with the bluray case somehow would fix my issue. Im not sure what the purpose is of the generic blue case and not just use a bluray case. I dont know how this skin works but i have excellent knowledge of bluray folder structure if i can help find an easy solution to this.
Ok renaming the index.bdmv file doesn't work, it does in a certain way, but it scans all individual bdmv files as well. That way you get about 100 posters of the same movie.

Why don't you make an iso file of the movies with the bdmv file structure, less chance of something go wrong, easier to maintain and easy to burn. Only see advantages to iso file.
knew that one was coming I was actually just thinking someone will suggest that Smile

1. Easier to edit bdmv files. With iso have to mount them to virtual clone drive, and then move them back to the proper hard drive, alot more work and extra step, also slow copying back to the original hard drive. If you want to use tsmuxer or something bdmv folder files are easily accessible with no additional steps.

2. In the past with streaming devices I have had issues with iso filles. I am discussing with a dune user currently about being able to integrate dune for bluray playback with xbmc. My dune has never had a problem with bdmv files. Some have reported stuttering converted to iso for some odd reason.

3. I dont burn movies to disc.

4. I have been using bdmv folder structure for years, converting my entire library to iso would take months

5. I sometimes edit and reauthor my blu-rays. For instance if there is a better quality release in another country...lets use pan's labryinth the nordic version has much better video quality, but foreign menu's which i dont want, i can easily edit the nordic video in the bluray folder structure to maintain american menu's. This is similar to number 1, but its much easier to edit with folder structure right there rather then mounting an iso with virtual clone drive then transferring back to the hard drive.

I would like to think this would not be difficult to address on the other end... its just cases? But i cannot be sure.

Could i somehow replace the generic blue case with the bluray case in xbmc files somewhere? I dont know where cases are stored?

There has to be some easy way around this.
Ghostdivision Wrote:knew that one was coming I was actually just thinking someone will suggest that Smile

lol, well was just trying to help you out Wink

But i have no idea if it's possible to let the skin work it out, it could be a restriction with xbmc itself. But you better check with marcos or add a feature request on his bug/feature track website.
RavenNL Wrote:lol, well was just trying to help you out Wink

But i have no idea if it's possible to let the skin work it out, it could be a restriction with xbmc itself. But you better check with marcos or add a feature request on his bug/feature track website.

Noted, will do that.

Thank you for your help.

I am a bit worried if he is not familiar with bdmv structure, Im trying to think outside the box as to how i can trick it.

Does anyone know where case art is located?
Ghostdivision Wrote:Just so i am clear before I do that, all my files are bdmv bluray folder structure.

Does the skin have problems with this? I notice alot of people use mkv, iso, ts,

but mine are bdmv structure.

Also just to clarify i can get the blue cases to show the codec, but i cannot get a bluray case this like the 4th case in this picture.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111042

If that is not an issue, I suppose I will have to reinstall Sad

Thanks for the reply though.

Hi,

I found if i named my bluray .mkv's bluray they worked fine, but the same can't be said for bluray folder structure, what ever I called them they just showed as the generic blue cover, which was a little annoying :mad: being as they are a proper bluray,

stopped using the built in cover a few months back so not sure if things have changed in the latest builds
Ghostdivision Wrote:Noted, will do that.

Thank you for your help.

I am a bit worried if he is not familiar with bdmv structure, Im trying to think outside the box as to how i can trick it.

Does anyone know where case art is located?

I believe the case art is located in the textures.xbt file, if Marcos has not posted a link to the exploded file you will have to request one if you are looking at making changes.

It should not matter if Marcos is familiar with the bdmv structure as what you are looking for is for the skin to pick up "BluRay" or similar from the folder name.

It probably may have helped if you had mentioned that the cases were not showing on the movies which were direct rips and not .mkv's or .iso's as I would have told you that it would not tag them correctly Big Grin. I have always ripped all my BD to .iso files. There are several programs out there that allow you to mount them and edit them directly if you want to re-mux etc.... Also helps that XBMC can play them direcly as well obviously. You may want to start to convert them to iso's at some stage, it will give you a much cleaner Library with less chance of file corruption.
I thought the cases are shown getting info from the resolution metadata and not file/folder name.
butchabay Wrote:I thought the cases are shown getting info from the resolution metadata and not file/folder name.

This is correct with regards to the Codec Cases eg. h264 but if you want the BluRay, HDTV etc... case then the movie needs to be named with the correct tag, "BluRay", Blu-Ray", "HDTV" etc...

This was discussed several pages back, Marcos had made a change to pick up the cases based on the codec, so a BluRay Case for anything encoded h264 but after discussions this was reverted as it made no sense to apply a BluRay case based on encoding as anything can be encoded in h264 so you could end up with a BluRay case on a 480p DVD rip.
Any ideas here chaps;

Anything from about 10% to 60% of my Clearart, Logos, Landscape.jpg, banners show up in the respective TV Ssow Views. All have been downloaded using the Get Logo/Clearart option. They are all the same (correct) size yet some show and others do not!

I have re-scraped the library to see if this helps, it does not.

I really cannot see why this is happening. Has anyone else has a similar issue?

Thanks!
Check the naming of the clearart that's not showing, Should be called clearart.png and be in the main folder, Soz only thing I can think of.
chippie Wrote:It probably may have helped if you had mentioned that the cases were not showing on the movies which were direct rips and not .mkv's or .iso's as I would have told you that it would not tag them correctly Big Grin. I have always ripped all my BD to .iso files. There are several programs out there that allow you to mount them and edit them directly if you want to re-mux etc.... Also helps that XBMC can play them direcly as well obviously. You may want to start to convert them to iso's at some stage, it will give you a much cleaner Library with less chance of file corruption.

1. Post 2447 you quoted my post where i said all my files are bdmv folder structure Smile

2. As I mentioned yes you can edit them when you mount them but you then have to transfer them back to the hard drive you stored them in, an additional step that does not move quickly and can typically take up to an hour depending on the size your working with. I am by no means lazy, but i like to minimize work. Also before this bdmv structures were never an issue.

I would live without cases rather then spend months converting.

One thing I also mentioned is applying the blu-ray case if certain things are found in the folder and iso, such as mt2s file, mpls files, I know its possible to have non bluray mt2s files, but i dont see many of them. Mpls would be exclusive to bluray structure as well.

Thank you for all your help though guys its really appreciated and at least i know what the problem is now!
m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi,

I found if i named my bluray .mkv's bluray they worked fine, but the same can't be said for bluray folder structure, what ever I called them they just showed as the generic blue cover, which was a little annoying :mad: being as they are a proper bluray,

stopped using the built in cover a few months back so not sure if things have changed in the latest builds

I feel your pain, its weird were using the offical bluray standard folder structure and cannot get proper bluray cases for it...
Ghostdivision Wrote:1. Post 2447 you quoted my post where i said all my files are bdmv folder structure Smile

2. As I mentioned yes you can edit them when you mount them but you then have to transfer them back to the hard drive you stored them in, an additional step that does not move quickly and can typically take up to an hour depending on the size your working with. I am by no means lazy, but i like to minimize work. Also before this bdmv structures were never an issue.

I would live without cases rather then spend months converting.

One thing I also mentioned is applying the blu-ray case if certain things are found in the folder and iso, such as mt2s file, mpls files, I know its possible to have non bluray mt2s files, but i dont see many of them. Mpls would be exclusive to bluray structure as well.

Thank you for all your help though guys its really appreciated and at least i know what the problem is now!

My bad then, I was going on your previous post and just missed that comment.

I will have to have a look around on my PC as there are programs that allow you to mount/edit .iso files on the fly so no need to write back. Still if you are happy then no need to change. I used to rebuild them but the rate BD's are produced these days it is just not worth it. But then I do have over 600 BD iso's... and just cannot be bothered thse days.

I would not bother with looking at the folders contents, just raise a ticket asking Marcos to apply BluRay cases if "BluRay", "Blu-Ray" is found in the folder title. I would have thought this is the easiest option without swelling the code but may be worng.
gargoyle67 Wrote:Check the naming of the clearart that's not showing, Should be called clearart.png and be in the main folder, Soz only thing I can think of.

Thanks, the naming is corrrect, they are identical, there are absolutely no differences in the files at all. In fact I have even copied all the image files from one show to another but they still do not show up. I am at a loss!

As I use Media Companion to scrape everything and I have even edited the non working shows so the .nfo is identical to that of ones that do work just in case the way XBMC was reading them was causing a problem. This did not help either!

This one has stumped me!

EDIT: Clean install seems to have sorted this. Guess comehting corrupted somewhere.