Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MarcosQui - I've been running Aeon MQ2 since one of your earliest releases and was an early donator. I just updated to MQ3 along with updating my machines to Eden Beta3. Went super smoothly and everything works great!

Just wanted to acknowledge how awesome the skin is, and I will be donating again to support this great skin!

Thanks!
Hi there, is there any way to rate music and videos without going into the menu? Let's say by pressing some keys?
Great skin!
Hey guys which backdrops you all using for movies,tv shows etcHuh Mind uploading or PMing me links to some slick ones.. not a big fan of the default back drops Smile
Also quick question how do i manually use my own
Banners
Fanart
Posters

How doi name them , for eg if i was to get Banner,fanart and posters for dexter how should i name them ??
I manually download my own artwork and use this naming convention in TV Shows:

clearart.png
banner.jpg
folder.jpg (for posters)
fanart.jpg
landscape.jpg
logo.png
season-all.tbn
season-specials.tbn
season0x (x is for whatever no. season it is)

also with this naming I have to change the options so it uses alternative icons for the banners)
Wow nice, Can you explain all of those, i really only know what thumbnails are used for lol..
Yeah no worries. Here's a screenshot of my South Park TV directory for example.

clearart.png & logo.png I get from fanart.tv and you need the logo-downloader addon to be able to use. logo.png will be under the ClearLOGOs section on TV Shows page.

clearart.png - this is the icon that shows up in the Showart view.
logo.png - this is the icon for the, Panel Logo, view. Used also for having icons show up in bottom right on most other view as well.

All the other files I download off TVDB or create and edit myself:

banner.jpg - banner for the current TV Show.
fanart.jpg - background for the current TV Show
folder.jpg - main poster for the TV Show
landscape.jpg - for use in the Landscape, Panel Landscape and LandscapeX views
seasonxx.tbn - replace xx with the season no. like in my screen above for the season posters. Only one this doesn't work for is Season 0.
season-all.tbn - this is the, All Seasons, poster.
season-specials.tbn - this one is used for your, Specials, season poster (Season 0).

Then under this setup you need to enable these options in the Art section in skin options:

- Use 'landscape.jpg' for TV Series
- Use 'logo.png' and 'clearart.png' for TV Series

Also so banners show up properly when in the banner view. Bring up the side menu and change the banner setting from default to alternative. Banners should display correctly after this.

Hope this clears some of it up for you.
I'm currently trying to change some extrathumbs of my movies but the fanart AND the thumbs seem to be saved in /userdata/thumbnails and NOT in the folder of the movie itself. (There really are fanart and thumbnail files in the movie folders, but they ARE NOT USED BY XBMC AND AEON MQ3!!!) So how am I supposed to erase wrong thumbnails and replace them with new ones?
I erased some wrong thumbnails in the Thumbnails folder manually but neither XBMC, nor the Skin, nor the Artwork Downloader download new thumbnails!
I even tried to erase the whole folder and completely killed my database and restarted it. Thumbnails won't be loaded!
What's happening? What is the true source of thumbnails?
Ok, I found out by myself. You have to erase the \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\Textures6.db so the cache will be erased. Is there now way to trigger this from within XBMC?!?
Porogna Wrote:Yeah no worries. Here's a screenshot of my South Park TV directory for example.

clearart.png & logo.png I get from fanart.tv and you need the logo-downloader addon to be able to use. logo.png will be under the ClearLOGOs section on TV Shows page.

clearart.png - this is the icon that shows up in the Showart view.
logo.png - this is the icon for the, Panel Logo, view. Used also for having icons show up in bottom right on most other view as well.

All the other files I download off TVDB or create and edit myself:

banner.jpg - banner for the current TV Show.
fanart.jpg - background for the current TV Show
folder.jpg - main poster for the TV Show
landscape.jpg - for use in the Landscape, Panel Landscape and LandscapeX views
seasonxx.tbn - replace xx with the season no. like in my screen above for the season posters. Only one this doesn't work for is Season 0.
season-all.tbn - this is the, All Seasons, poster.
season-specials.tbn - this one is used for your, Specials, season poster (Season 0).

Then under this setup you need to enable these options in the Art section in skin options:

- Use 'landscape.jpg' for TV Series
- Use 'logo.png' and 'clearart.png' for TV Series

Also so banners show up properly when in the banner view. Bring up the side menu and change the banner setting from default to alternative. Banners should display correctly after this.

Hope this clears some of it up for you.

Wow thanks for the great amount of effort and help ! So you download and rename all those files manually !? If so must take you quite some time hehe !.. mind taking some screenshots of your XBMC setup so i can see it in action Tongue
Can anyone tell me what causes this diagonal line to appear in each and every thumbnail in MQ3? It's only happening in the landscape thumbs for TV shows, doesn't show up in movie cases or fanart. It only shows up on the "recently added" area of the homescreen. Not in the views inside TV Shows at all. Just homescreen.

It's sort of a diagonal line and then the right side of the artwork is lighter.

Really weird.

http://postimage.org/image/uzf8d5ngl/
BDPNA Wrote:Can anyone tell me what causes this diagonal line to appear in each and every thumbnail in MQ3? It's only happening in the landscape thumbs for TV shows, doesn't show up in movie cases or fanart. It only shows up on the "recently added" area of the homescreen. Not in the views inside TV Shows at all. Just homescreen.

It's sort of a diagonal line and then the right side of the artwork is lighter.

Really weird.

http://postimage.org/image/uzf8d5ngl/

That is just a reflection or glare affect. Its not an error.
UnderCoverUZI Wrote:That is just a reflection or glare affect. Its not an error.

Marcos,

Any chance of a way to turn that off? I don't like the way the effect presents on my displays unfortunately.
Marcos,
You planning any peeks at MQ4 soon?
Livin Wrote:Marcos,
You planning any peeks at MQ4 soon?

Mq4? Still fixing mq3 mate..