Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio config challenge on ATV1 running Crystalbuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have searched through the forums so apologies if this may have been covered already. It's not a major issue but one I hope to resolve.

HTPC Setup: ATV1 running Crystalbuntu (thx Sam)
TV Setup: LG plasma (LG 42PQ6000) with optic cable running to a LG HT32S 2.1 home cinema system, using the Simplink system.

Audio config: Output device: HDMI, Audio output - Default (ALSA), Passthrough HDMI (ALSA).

I'm trying to get DD and DTS audio to be passed from the TV (which can't handle it) to the cinema system. When I play movies with other audio streams it will output to the tv, or cinema system, if Simplink is activated. However when I play AC3 audio no sound comes out the TV (expected) nor the cinema system (unexpected).

I've been getting round this by connecting the optical from the atv to the HT32S
and changing passthrough to IEC958 so will output audio to tv when other audio and HT32S when AC3 (as DD/DTS). This means that my tv is not linked to the cinema system anymore though.

I hope this makes sense, basically I want to understand if by a combination of the right setting and cable setup I can play all types of audio through the hdmi into the TV and on to the cinema system through the optical cable.

Many thanks for any advice!!
Dude,

Read the manual!

It says clearly: you must set passthrough and HDMI audio output as a custom audio output: plughw:0,3

http://www.stmlabs.com/projects/crystalh...ocs-hardy/

See sound section and then enjoy some HDMI sound
Thx Sam, much appreciated.

Edit: Except I always had hdmi sound, that wasn't the issue. The issue (read my post) is that my tv can't handle DD and DTS and I want to be able to passthrough that signal through my hdmi into my tv and then through to my receiver (optical connection with tv) which can handle DTS and DD.

Maybe this isn\t possible. Currently I have to plug receiver (using optical) into atv rather than tv which means I can't passthrough any audio when I'm watching normal tv.