Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Sound when played through XBMC for cetrain movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have installed XBMC on Ubuntu. and the aidio is through HDMI
i am able to watch some movies with nound and when i play cetain other movies i dont get sound over to my AVR. i get video but not audio.
i have not been able to find a relation on those movies. has any one else seen this issue before and if so what did you do to resolve this.
I have my tv connected via hdmi to my asrock ion 330ht. I also get this problem on some films. When I get the problem I switch the audio output type to 'Analogue' in the settings menu and it works again.
I've no idea why it works but it seems to. I can't detect any difference between the hdmi and analogue output settings other than the 'analogue' is more reliable. Maybe I would notice a quality difference if I had a surround setup.
My tv is supposed to be able to downmix multichannel soundtracks, i haven't gone so far as to try and establish any common factors of the soundtracks for the films which don't work.
Hi dumindaat!
Did you check the audio format of these movies? If it's not DD or DTS but AC3 or MP3, your AVR is probably unable to decode them.
thanks igneus
i will check this
Would those videos happen to have audio encoded in the 22khz range? If so I may have a fix for that.

Also could you possibly post the contents of your asound.conf file?