Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "This file is no longer available" Newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some movies aren't playing in my movie library. I keep getting "This file is no longer available." I know the the file is there, because when I go to the info screen and select play the movie starts to play. I'm not sure what the problem is.
I'd guess the library entry for the film has the wrong path. If you highlight the offending file, and press C to open the context menu, you can try the "Update library" option or even "Remove from library" then rescan.

JR
update library. then click clean library.

make sure if you're using a NAS, everythings accessible.

it could have been simply that you renamed the files by mistke or changed the directory.
None of these ideas worked. When I enter XBMC, I click on movies and then click on one of the movies that keeps on giving me "This file is no longer available." The movie will seem to play the first try, but if I exit the movie and enter the file again for the second time It always seem to give the message.

I'm using a Drobo as my storage system. All the files that are giving me trouble use to be on my mac and now I'm using windows. I'm not sure if this make a difference. All these files used to be on a HFS+ drobo, but now they're on a NTFS drobo.
then in library delete the paths that are no longer there, if it prompts you to delete a filename.extension say no and rescan do this to two or 3 films

filemode != library
X3lectric Wrote:then in library delete the paths that are no longer there, if it prompts you to delete a filename.extension say no and rescan do this to two or 3 films

filemode != library

That also doesnt work. If i go to videos/files I never get an error message. I can repeadly exit and enter the movie without any problems. It's only when im in library mode/movies I keep on getting the error message on half my movies.

I've never had a problem with XBMC on my Mac, but Windows is a different story.
as I said Filemode IS NOT Library. SO stop comparing what happens in either, kthx...

1) Did your or did you not delete the entries that are causing you issues in library?

[SIZE=2]Waiting for reply[/SIZE].

A debug log might be useful here - it should show a stat() failing on the file which is what brings up the dialog.
Here's the debug log

http://pastebin.com/mZgBzPub
The log shows you successfully playing The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).mkv and Legend of the Guardians The Owls of Ga'Hoole (2010) .mkv. Did you try to play a film that wouldn't play? If so, which film?

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The log shows you successfully playing The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).mkv and Legend of the Guardians The Owls of Ga'Hoole (2010) .mkv. Did you try to play a film that wouldn't play? If so, which film?

JR

I'm having trouble with both of these movies, plus many more. The movie will play fine the first time, but when I exit the movie and try to go right back to the same movie I get the error message.

One thing i due notice in the dubug log keeps on showing "error reading from input stream, F:\Movies\Mission Impossible (1996).mkv". I never once tested that movie for this debug log.
To keep the debug log as simple as possible, can you choose a problem film, start XBMC and play the film then stop it and start it again to get the error then close XBMC. Post the log along with details of exactly what you did and what errors you got.

XBMC extracts thumbnails from videos in the background. I'd guess it's encountering some error trying to extract info from Mission Impossible (1996).mkv. It doesn't seem likely this is related to the error you're seeing, though you could try temporarily removing this film just in case.

JR