Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Request: generate playlist / play music on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i've modded my car to have an integrated xbox.
the xbox is running the x3 chip, which an xlcd which is running as the clock in the dash.
i'm using the xbmc dashboard, but i would love it if xbmc would start playing music when it loaded up, this would be a great feature for me, so when i turn the key, everything turns on- then music starts playing.
this can probably be done via scripting, however i'm, if im gonna be honest, crap at it .

my music is located in f:\music

it would be great if it could generate a playlist, or something.

thanks for your time
tom :pirate:
here's the one i'm using, based on playlistwalker with a few modifications. save this as scripts\autoexec.py.

http://consolevision.com/members/burnero...toexec.txt

the specified directory is at the bottom, though i'm using f:\music as well. to kill the shuffling, remove the line "playlist.shuffle()". also, note that the music doesn't play when xbmc starts with the drive open for compatibility with autolaunch.
thanks alot! do all the music files have to be in f:\music ? as i have sub dirs, like f:\music\blink 182\-=music files here=-
etc
beechus :nuts:
playlistwalker generates playlist in the subdirectories as well
he uses in this script the big playlist command
walkthehd(['f:\\music','q:\\scripts\\playlistwalker\\playlistwalker.m3u'],['mp3','ogg','wav'])

so all mp3 that is in "'f:\\music" and in the subdirectories is added to one big playlist.
i just put that file in scripts\
when xbmc loads, nothing happens Sad what am i doing wrong? i have no other scripts what so even in xbmc, should i have?
cheers
sorted friends,
its all working great! thanks alot for your help!! are there any other cool scripts out there? this is the first one i've used!
the xbox is in my car, so anything would could be useful would be great (its running on a 7" widescreen tft)

beechus
most of the scripts are internet related, so i'm not sure that there's much else that you'll find useful with it being in your car. i browsed through quite a few of them myself, but this was the only functionality i sorely missed with xbmc.

oh, and hiya thor918. i hope you don't mind the few minor changes to your excellent script. all that has been done is the removal of the samba dependencies and the scanning dialog. it didn't seem like you received the deserved fame for this script, so perhaps if you were to re-bill it in this way it'd be more well renowned. could you possibly strip it down to just the functionality needed to generate and play a playlist from the harddrive?
cheers for the reply,
where can i find a load of scripts to browse through?
beechus
hi burnero. i like to see that someone finds it usefull.
when it comes to the dialog removal. you shold have just changed the config at the start of the script.

xbox = true #you can run this script on a pc if xbox is set to false

and change it to
xbox = false

and the progress dialog is disabled Wink thats what it is for.
i wrote a script a few times ago that display a list of playlists. without actions of the user, a default playlist is launched.
try to find it in this forum... i don't remember exactly where it is.. sorry
do you at least remember a name for which to search for then maybe solexalex? ;-)
sorry... was not on forum...
not sure...
the script is called autoplaylist

http://xbmc-scripts.gueux.be/documents/s...aylist.rar
Is the scripts still available somewhere. I'd like to scan the usb and automatically play its playable contents, which sounds similar.