Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ATV1] Install broadcom crystal hd with last version of XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi friends,

I have bought an AppleTV1 device. I'm going to install XBMC on it without Broadcom Crystal HD first because i will receive it in a couple of weeks. What will be the best way to perform it?, can i install XBMC without Broadcom drivers and then install them?. I also have read that the Broadcom driver code was merged with XBMC code...it means that i don't need to install broadcom drivers and only Plug and Play?

Any suggestions are welcome!

P.D. Sorry for my bad english.
You can install and use XBMC just fine without the BCHD. When it comes and gets installed it's just kind of seen as a new option within XBMC.

As for the driver, I haven't heard anything about the driver being included in XBMC. As far as I know you still need to install that. There's a terminal command that makes the driver show up in the downloads option (where you can download XBMC or Boxee). So basically you just install the card, enable that option, and download the driver. Then in XBMC's settings you get a new option for hardware video decoding.
hello Ned,

Thanks for your reply, it seems to be the best option. Do you know if BCHD can render 3D films?

Regards,
Honestly not sure, but I don't think 3D support is in XBMC right now anyways.