Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATV1 - CrystalHD - Review Steps for install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm trying to just get a clear understanding of what needs to be done in order to install the CystalHD along with the installation of Ubuntu. I've gathered some bits and pieces around here but just wanted to make sure.

I just bought an ATV1 that was factory restored.

1. Replace WIFI card on ATV with CrystalHD.
2. Download CystalHD for AppleTV from Sam's Site
3. Extract zip file. Run "partitioner.exe". Choose HD to install onto ATV hard drive.

At this point, do I just plug the thumb drive into the ATV and then the system will install automatically?
I didnt do any of those steps...not sure what installing Ubuntu on the ATV will do.

I have ATV1 and simply created the patchstick using Sam's site and plugged it into my ATV1 and turned it on and I was done. From there I installed XBMC and the CrystalHD using steps outlined on another thread here, just search for it as you should find the quick version of the installer.

I copied my media over using WinSCP as Im on a Windows machine and its working great. Mind you, I have to test it out further but getting XBMC on there should be quick and painless
Yes,

That is what you do for Ubuntu install