Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Windows] & [Live] Music Video Scraping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using Dharma, both the live spin (ver 10.1 compiled 9 Mar 2011) and the Windows release (ver unknown), and I am having a scraping issue. Now that the MTV scraper has been depreciated, I cannot add new music videos to my library. I tried enabling the Yahoo scraper, but it removed all of my music videos from my library! When I tell it to update the library, it skips over looking for music videos. Is there another scraper out there that we can use? Would it be possible to bring back the "nfo scraper" from the previous release? All of my music videos have nfo files for them. Thank you for any help with this issue.
bump
I don't think there is a good scraper for music videos at the moment. If you have NFO files there should be used in preference to scraping from the Internet.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I don't think there is a good scraper for music videos at the moment. If you have NFO files there should be used in preference to scraping from the Internet.

JR

Thank you for your reply. True, the nfo files should take precedence over going to the internet, but XBMC skips over scraping them at all. I have tried removing the source, cleaning the library, re-adding the source, telling the scraper to scan recursively (and not recursively) but to avail. The following is what my nfo files for music videos looks like:

<musicvideo>
<title>Candy Everybody Wants</title>
<artist>10,000 Maniacs</artist>
<genre>Pop-Folk</genre>
</musicvideo>

The data is still there, but it is not being recognized. I am using a vanilla (no extra repositories) live install of 10.1 compiled March 9, 2011. Please let me know if any other information is required. I my music video collection for parties, and I have one coming up in about 2 weeks.

Thank you again for your reply and time.

PS, would it be possible to bring back the "nfo scraper" that was available in previous releases? I would write the add-on to do it, but I am a hardware person and I do not know how to do programming. Thanks again.
I have exactly the same issue since the MTV scraper has been deprecated.

Windows Vista 32 bit SP2
XBMC Dharma 10.1 Git e9e9099 (Compiled 8 March 2011)

Like the original poster, my nfo files are now being ignored whereas before (when using the MTV scraper) the nfo files were also scraped.

Movies and TV Series are fine but I now have no music videos in my library and no way of getting them in there.

How can I get XBMC to scrape the nfo files for my music videos?
bump
Bump again.
If you install the Yahoo music video scraper does that make any difference?

The Yahoo scraper is a bit rubbish (but then so was the MTV scraper!) but at least it means you have an enabled scraper. I'm not sure what XBMC does if no scraper is available.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:If you install the Yahoo music video scraper does that make any difference?

The Yahoo scraper is a bit rubbish (but then so was the MTV scraper!) but at least it means you have an enabled scraper. I'm not sure what XBMC does if no scraper is available.

JR

Thank you for your reply. When I installed the Yahoo music video scraper all the videos were removed from the library, and it is also when XBMC started skipping over scanning for music videos. Even when I go to the source and have it rescan for music videos, nothing gets added and no scanning occurs. This happens even when I tell it to scan recursively.
read this thread and check out my advice:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106500
PhilYHC Wrote:read this thread and check out my advice:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106500

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, both solutions do not solve my problem. XBMC is not scraping music videos at all whether I have nfo files for the music videos or not.
as i said in the other thread, i had that EXACT problem, did you dl the mtv scraper from my link?
PhilYHC Wrote:as i said in the other thread, i had that EXACT problem, did you dl the mtv scraper from my link?

I did not see the second page with your link. Sorry. So I did what you suggested, downloaded the link, installed from zip, but when I go to activate it, the MTV scraper still comes up as disabled, and it will not let me enable it. Am I missing something? Thank you for your help.
The problem from my original post has been fixed. I followed the following link: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106500

Thank you to everyone for your help. It was greatly appreciated.

Mark