Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zotac ZBOX-ION2 video playback frequent crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I’ve been using xbmc live 9.11 installed on my Zotac ZBOX and it was very stable and plays all the movie files that I have on my NAS share. After I did a clean install for xbmc 10.1 Dharma live from a flash memory and completed the configuration as I did before. I’m now facing a problem not being able to watch fully a single movie. The system crashes every little while. Now I reversed back to xbmc l9.11, but I love to use 10.1 with Aoen MQ2 skin. So I’m trying the 10.1 booted live from a flash memory and got the following information:
The hardware info as following:
Zotac ZBOX HD-ND02-U Atom 330 2GB RAM NVIDIA ION 2
“GPU ram has been adjusted to 512 from the BOIS”
Sound is DTS optical/pass through
The movie container is mkv (both 720. 1080p do crash) streamed over a wired Gigabit LAN.
I’ve pasted the xbmc log here

And the crash log here

-- After further investigation, I found that when I keep the default charset to default video plays and wont crash. It does only when I set the charset in the video settings - subtitles to Arabic (Windows). I guess this is a bug in the xbmc 10.1 since it was not happening in 9.11.

I appreciate any attempt for helping. Huh