Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-04-02, 00:46)punking Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if this is your problem, but I get this if I have the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" set to on. When I play a video it switches to 24hz, plays about 4 seconds, then pauses and locks up. When I turn the option to off it plays fine, but in 60hz. Other apps like the Hulu one don't do this.

I've fixed it on mine. It turned out there was an old advanced settings file that used to handle resolutions but isn't needed anymore. It was interfering with the plug in.
Bluecop, thanks again for the work you've done on this plugin. It has been invaluable!

One question, I don't seem to be able to export to library if I use a custom directory. I would like to save them to a SMB location so that they are accessible via my other XBMC boxes in the house.

If I set it to a local directory, it works fine (if I add that directory to my Library). If I set it to be a custom directory such as:

Code:
<setting id="customlibraryfolder" value="smb://user:pass@server/media/" />

or

Code:
<setting id="customlibraryfolder" value="smb://server/media/" />

Saving fails and I end up getting this:

Code:
22:24:05 T:95088640   ERROR: Error Contents: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'smb:'
22:24:05 T:95088640   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 57, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 55, in modes
                                                exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
                                              File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/xbmclibrary.py", line 168, in EXPORT_SEASON
                                                CreateDirectory(directorname)
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/xbmclibrary.py", line 39, in CreateDirectory
                                                os.makedirs(dir_path)
                                              File "/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 150, in makedirs
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                              File "/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 150, in makedirs
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                              File "/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 157, in makedirs
                                                mkdir(name, mode)
                                            OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'smb:'
22:24:05 T:95088640    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
22:24:05 T:94556160   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------

Any help would be appreciated. Again, thanks for your hard work on this plugin and the others you've contributed!
Trying to play this video... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A6RU2IM

Only loads and plays 52 seconds then ends. All other videos, prime or purchased, work fine. Any ideas?
Newbie type qestion. 1st - LOVE this plugin. Smile

Anyway about "Export to Library" I think I have that figured out. But, if I "Export to Library" on a series, does that only get me the currently available episodes, or will it continue to export as new episodes become available? Do I have to add the series as a "Favorite"

Here is what I have, after I setup Amazon I found that two tv series downloaded from Amazon, I was ecstatic. But there were from things already in my Video Library on Amazon. I have tried to get new things to work but other then the first time, nothing else had downloaded. So, either I don't understand this feature, or I have something setup wrong. I have tired to find some kind of user guide to this feature but can't find anything. Can some one please either direct me to some documentation. Or can some one please explain to me how this feature works??

Thanks

David
Do you know username/password in the newest version of Amazon instant video plugin is encrypted or not ? username/password of Amazon account is sensitive with me (having credit card inside...), it is very different from Pandora account, when I intend to place my RPB Pi in living room Smile
(2013-04-17, 10:11)k2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know username/password in the newest version of Amazon instant video plugin is encrypted or not ? username/password of Amazon account is sensitive with me (having credit card inside...), it is very different from Pandora account, when I intend to place my RPB Pi in living room Smile

The username and password are not encrypted. They are both saved, in plain text, in userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.amazon/settings.xml.
Anybody else start getting the Flash_access DRM error? I know I wasn't getting at 22:30 last night (this message time stamp -12.5 hours), but after a power outage and reboot, I'm getting it on two different computers running independent versions of XBMC as of 02:30 (timestamp - 8.5 hours). One computer forced an update to windows 7 sp1, but the other didn't. I wonder if my flash version got automagically "upgraded", which seemed to be the problem for people in Feb of 2012. No, that isn't it, as apparently one computer went to 11 on 3/25, and the amazon plug-in has worked since then even following a reboot. I have to wonder if Amazon changed something again, and what it will take to get them to change it back. Probably time to write a letter.
I have only been running XBMC for about 2 months and this plug in has worked flawlessly until this morning I now get the " Flash_access DRM" error... I didn't change anything between last night and this morning. any ideas? I went as far as uninstalling and reinstalled both the app and plug in.
(2013-04-17, 14:24)mal2 Wrote: [ -> ]The username and password are not encrypted. They are both saved, in plain text, in userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.amazon/settings.xml.

Yikes! That is more than enough to preclude the use of this. To a thief an Amazon username/password is like gold. Were I of that type I'd be working on an exploit right now. The harvest need not be huge to justify such an effort. Devil
RE: FLASH_ACCESS DRM Error

Yes, nothing to do with Windows: running the Amazon plugin on both Win7 & OpenELEC boxes: something's changed on the Amazon side.
@BlueCop: I noticed that with your Add On, shows like "The Amazing Race" have their seasons nested whereas when I navigate through Amazon with PlayOn, the shows are listed as separated entries, i.e. "The Amazing Race, Season 17" "The Amazing Race, Season 18" etc.

How are you doing this?

I ask because if it's a REGEX perhaps I can apply it to XBMCMy.Library as a workaround to the current Flash Access DRM issue.
Just spoke to Amazon's Instant Video Support. The gentleman explained to me that Amazon had switched over to Silverlight(!?) but there was an open trouble ticket involving Ubuntu users. He also had never heard of XBMC. So I recommend that those of using XBMC and Amazon Prime call them to bring some light to this issue.

Here's the link I followed:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-u...video.html?
getting the Flash_access DRM same as everyone else. I don't see how they could be moving to Silverlight. Microsoft has discontinued development of it, even Netflix is having to move to something else. I am really sad though I have only had this up and running a couple of days. I hope the developers can resolve it. We've already lost XBMCFlix.....

David
I am assuming this problem in xbmc is related to the problem people are having playing amazon videos in their browser. The most recent flash update 11.2.202.280-1 breaks amazon playback. I am not sure how the xbmc plugin works but since it just broke around the same time as the in browser flash problem im guessing there is a connection.

see here
http://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon%20vid...YET6CH0PQI
and
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=161288
Throwing my name into the hat. DRM issues with Amazon Prime add-on. I'm on Win7.